Re: [Clip] Is GetParagraph misbehaving?

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
      Hi Mark,

      I find that 4.95 and 5.1 work the same. It depends on where your
      cursor is to what is returned. My guess is you selected text
      forward in one test and backwards in another.

      >GetParagraph seems to be misbehaving. When this clip
      >
      >^!Info [L]^$GetParagraph$
      >
      >is tried on this text
      >
      >One
      >Two
      >Three
      >
      >the third paragraph isn't returned if it is followed by a new line.
      >When the paragraphs are separated like this
      >
      >One
      >
      >Two
      >
      >Three
      >
      >none of them is returned accurately.
      >NoteTab Std 5.1

      Convert your eMail programs... Aid4Mail: http://www.fookes.us/aid4mail

      Freeware and Shareware; some seamleesly integrates with NoteTab:
      http://www.sojourner.us/software

    • Mark B.
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006

        > Hmn, it does look like a problem. And look what happens if the
        > cursor is on an empty line at the bottom. It returns all the text.
        > If the cursor is on an empty line between paragraphs, looks like it
        > returns all the text below the current position.
        >
        > OTH it looks like this behavior has been around for a long while,
        > the same thing happens in 4.95 Light.
        >
        > Here's what I would do as a workaround:
        >
        > H="My GetParagraph"
        > ^!Set %mywrap%=^$IsWordWrap$
        > ^!SetWordWrap Off
        > ^!Set %start%=^$GetRowStart$:^$GetColStart$
        > ^!Set %end%=^$GetRowEnd$:^$GetColEnd$
        > ^!Jump Line_Start
        > ^!Select EOL
        > ^!Info ^$GetSelection$
        > ;or use ^!Info ^$GetSelection$^%NL%
        > ;or set a variable if that's what's needed
        > ^!SetCursor ^%start%
        > ^!SelectTo ^%end%
        > ^!SetWordWrap ^%mywrap%
        > ^!ClearVariable %mywrap%
        > ^!ClearVariable %start%
        > ^!ClearVariable %end%
        > ;end of clip
        >
        > Regards,
        > Sheri

        Hi, Sheri.
        As far as I know, GetLine is always correct. So, I guess, whenever it
        is acceptable to turn off word wrap, GetLine will serve.

        --Mark
      • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
          > Hi, Sheri.
          > As far as I know, GetLine is always correct. So, I guess, whenever it
          > is acceptable to turn off word wrap, GetLine will serve.
          >
          > --Mark

          Hi Mark,

          It is almost always acceptable to turn off word wrap. Turn it off, run
          the clip, turn it back on. You simply record the state at the beginning
          and return it to the pre-clip state when you are done.

          You can use this:
          ;use at top of clip
          ^!Set %word_wrap%=^$IsWordWrap$
          ^!SetWordWrap off

          ;use this at end of clip
          ^!SetWordWrap ^%word_wrap%

          Hope that is helpful,

          Don
        • Sheri
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
            --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Mark B." <breaumark@...> wrote:
            > Hi, Sheri.
            > As far as I know, GetLine is always correct. So, I guess, whenever it
            > is acceptable to turn off word wrap, GetLine will serve.
            >
            > --Mark

            I don't think that's true for shared clips where clip compatibility
            with earlier versions, and between Pro, Standard and Light is wanted.
            I know that ^$GetLine$ gave a different result between Pro and Light
            in earlier versions and that there was a change in ^$GetLine$ in 5.1
            Standard (which I haven't looked into yet).

          • Mark B.
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006

              I don't think that's true for shared clips where clip compatibility
              > with earlier versions, and between Pro, Standard and Light is wanted.
              > I know that ^$GetLine$ gave a different result between Pro and Light
              > in earlier versions and that there was a change in ^$GetLine$ in 5.1
              > Standard (which I haven't looked into yet).
              >
              > Regards,
              > Sheri

              Ok (but sheesh). Thanks. On the topic of compatibility and shared
              clips, I notice that ^$GetLibraryPath$ points to Libraries in the
              install folder even when the libraries are in Application Data.
            • Sheri
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
                --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Mark B." <breaumark@...> wrote:

                > Ok (but sheesh). Thanks. On the topic of compatibility and shared
                > clips, I notice that ^$GetLibraryPath$ points to Libraries in the
                > install folder even when the libraries are in Application Data.

                In the new 5+ multiuser setup, libraries exist in both locations.
                ^$GetLibraryPath$ returns the one under the AppPath and
                ^$GetLibraryUserPath$ returns the one under the DataPath. If you use
                clipedit to edit one from the AppPath area, it gets saved in the
                DataPath and is subsequently read from there. ^$GetLibraryPath
                ("SampleCode")$ would tell you where the "live" version is (under
                AppPath if unedited. under DataPath if user-edited and saved).

                PS, ^!SelectLine also used to and (may still) work differently
                between Std/Light and Pro.