[Clip] Re: A first clip

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 1999
      Hi Ian,

      > I understand that I can do parf of this with the ^& syntax.
      > What I haven't figured out is how to pic up the selected text
      > and use it in the clip so I can identify the output.

      In certain cases ^& will not get the selected text. Try using
      ^$GetSelection$ instead. So, you might have:

      ^!Set %Selection%=^$GetSelection$
      ^!Info ^%Selection%

      I don't know the script you are using, but it might be something
      like this:

      ^!Set %Selection%=^$GetSelection$
      Response.Write "varName = " & ^%Selection% & "<BR>"

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      The NoteTab Clip List...
      mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...