Gathering Input and making changes on the fly

  • Lee Underwood
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 15 12:18 PM
      I have a wizard that is in the midst of a Web page and several other
      wizards and clips. I need to be able to perform a search and replace
      on it, only within the text that's entered. (I need to do it on
      several other wizards also.)

      The wizard:

      ^?{(3;h=10;T=W)Enter Code for head section w/o script tags=}

      The information collected will include HTML tags. I need to replace
      the " < " to " < " (w/o quotes, of course) after the text is
      entered. I'm just not sure how to select only the text entered into
      the wizard. Any ideas?

      Lee
    • Alan_C
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 15 9:37 PM
        On Tuesday 15 August 2006 12:18, Lee Underwood wrote:
        [ a wizard ] I need to be able to perform a search and replace
        > on it, only within the text that's entered. (I need to do it on
        > several other wizards also.)
        >
        > The wizard:
        >
        > ^?{(3;h=10;T=W)Enter Code for head section w/o script tags=}
        >
        > The information collected will include HTML tags. I need to replace
        > the " < " to " < " (w/o quotes, of course) after the text is
        > entered. I'm just not sure how to select only the text entered into
        > the wizard. Any ideas?

        ^!InsertSelect

        then a replace only in the selected text

        ?? (as in maybe)

        --
        Alan.
      • Bob McAllister
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 16 12:47 AM
          On 8/16/06, Lee Underwood <leeu@...> wrote:
          > I need to be able to perform a search and replace
          > on it, only within the text that's entered. (I need to do it on
          > several other wizards also.)
          >
          > The wizard:
          >
          > ^?{(3;h=10;T=W)Enter Code for head section w/o script tags=}
          >
          > Any ideas?

          Can you assign to a named variable and then StrReplace?

          ^$StrReplace("<";"<";^%headcode%;0;0)$

          Bob