[Clip] A first clip

  • Ian.Ornstein@fluor.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 1999
      I've been developing Active Sever Pages. In the debugging
      of the Visual Basic script, I often printout the current value of a
      variable.

      The line that does it is:

      Response.Write varName

      now this is helpful but it is more helpful to identify the output, so I
      generally write
      it as:

      Response.Write "varName = " & varName & "<BR>"

      I understand that I can do parf of this with the ^& syntax.
      What I haven't figured out is how to pic up the selected text
      and use it in the clip so I can identify the output.

      A pointer in the right direction would be appreciated.

      TIA

      - IanO -
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 1999
        Hi Ian,

        > I understand that I can do parf of this with the ^& syntax.
        > What I haven't figured out is how to pic up the selected text
        > and use it in the clip so I can identify the output.

        In certain cases ^& will not get the selected text. Try using
        ^$GetSelection$ instead. So, you might have:

        ^!Set %Selection%=^$GetSelection$
        ^!Info ^%Selection%

        I don't know the script you are using, but it might be something
        like this:

        ^!Set %Selection%=^$GetSelection$
        Response.Write "varName = " & ^%Selection% & "<BR>"

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Clip List...
        mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...