Re: [SPAM:]Re: [Clip] open all specifiled files in all subdirs

  • Vance E. Neff
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 9, 2006
      Mike,

      A trick that I use is the Search disk function. I just specify a ^P in
      the search for field. You can indicate if you want to include
      subdirectories and any file extensions you wish to narrow the selection
      down to, ie. *.* or *.htm, etc. No clip required.

      Vance

    • Mike Breiding
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 9, 2006
        At 09:01 AM 8/9/2006 , you wrote:
        >Mike,
        >
        >A trick that I use is the Search disk function. I just specify a ^P in
        >the search for field. You can indicate if you want to include
        >subdirectories and any file extensions you wish to narrow the selection
        >down to, ie. *.* or *.htm, etc. No clip required.
        >
        >Vance

        Hi Vance Ihave made good use of the Search Disk function but every once in
        awhile I come across a situation where there are minor variations in the
        string I want to replace. This means not all replacements are successful.

        With this in mind I thought the clip would be useful in opening all the
        files in all the subdirs and manual removing the offend string.

        Rather convoluted, but that's me.
        Thansk,
        -Mike www.EpicRoadTrips.us

      • Vance E. Neff
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 9, 2006
          Mike,

          If you search for ^P - a line break (using the 'Find in Files' tab) you
          can just press Open and all the listed files will be opened and you can
          do what ever you please with them.

          Vance