[Clip] Delete long words

  • Geoffroi du Chambon
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 1999
      Hello all,

      I need a small clip to delete all words which have more than 10
      characters in a very long list... Could somebody help me please?

      Many Thanx in advance,

      Geoffroi
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 1999
        Hi Geoffroi,

        > I need a small clip to delete all words which have more than 10
        > characters in a very long list... Could somebody help me
        > please?

        I was too lazy or busy to put these into one Clip. The reason for the
        11 in the second Clip is because it takes into account the list delimiter
        selected/deleted also.

        <--- Copy below this line --->
        H=Delete Line If...
        ; 10/01/1999, Ntb-Clips@..., jody

        ^!Jump 1
        ^!SetScreenUpdate Off

        :Loop
        ; long line next
        ^!If ^$GetLineSize$ > ^?[Deleteline if over how many characters=10] Next else Skip_2
        ^!DeleteLine
        ^!Goto Loop
        ^!Jump +1
        ^!If ^$GetRow$ = ^$GetLineCount$ Next else Loop
        ^!Jump 1

        H=Delete Word If...
        ; 10/01/1999, Ntb-Clips@..., jody
        ; long line next
        ^!Set %Delimiter%=^?[Type in or choose list deliminter=Semi-colon^=;|_Space^=^%Space%|Tab^=^t]

        ^!Jump 1
        ^!SetScreenUpdate Off

        :Loop
        ^!Find "^%Delimiter%" S
        ^!IfError JumpStart
        ^!Select Word
        ; long line next
        ^!If ^$GetSelSize$ > ^?[Delete word if over how many characters=11] Next else Skip
        ^!Toolbar Clear All
        ^!Goto Loop

        :JumpStart
        ^!Jump 1