[Clip] Re: NTP4 clip no longer works in NTP5

  • Jelks Cabaniss
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 7, 2006
      Sheri wrote:
      > Yes, but I would avoid the ^!Keyboard command and use a Menu
      > command there too ...
      > For one thing, the same keyboard shortcut is not necessarily
      > selected by all users. For another, in some configurations
      > there is the potential need for delays when using
      > ^!Keyboard. So wherever possible I try to avoid ^!Keyboard
      > commands.

      You convinced me. The clip, rewritten:

      ^!If ^$GetSelSize$ > 0 Skip
      ^!Select ALL
      ^!Menu Modify/E-mail/Unquote Text
      ^!InsertSelect ^$StrFormat("^$GetSelection$";0;60;0)$
      ^!Menu Modify/E-mail/Quote Text

      Thanks to you and hsavage for all the help!

      (My goodness, I sure have a *lot* of clips using ^!Keyboard. *Cringe*. :)

      /Jelks
    • Don Daugherty
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 9, 2006
        How do you all use the following clip -- copy something from email to
        Notetab, run the clip, then copy back into email?

        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 9, 2006
          Don Daugherty wrote:
          > How do you all use the following clip -- copy something from email to
          > Notetab, run the clip, then copy back into email?
          > > ^!If ^$GetSelSize$ > 0 Skip
          > > ^!Select ALL
          > > ^!Menu Modify/E-mail/Unquote Text
          > > ^!InsertSelect ^$StrFormat("^$GetSelection$";0;60;0)$
          > > ^!Menu Modify/E-mail/Quote Text

          Yes, that's the primary purpose. Most email software (Outlook, OE,
          web-based email) can end up mangling quoting pretty badly. That clip
          just "cleans it all up". Note that it reduces everything selected to
          just one level of quotes, so if there are multiple levels, I then
          select those blocks and press CTRL+Q to add another level of quotes as
          many times as necessary.

          Also -- and this is just a personal preference, YMMV -- I changed the
          default NTP quote character '>' in the Options to have a space after
          it, i.e. '> '.

          /Jelks
        • Ray Shapp
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 13, 2006
            Hi Jelks, Sheri, and Harvey:

            Thanks for your three-way discussion about this clip. I'm now using the final
            version posted by Jelks on 8/7/2006.

            My question: Where is the delay? I looked at both the commands (^$StrFormat
            and ^$GetSelection$) in Help, but I don't see the introduction of any delay in
            them.

            Your clip is running fine on my 3GHz PC (very few other processing running
            simultaneously).

            Ray Shapp
            WinXP Home SP2
          • hsavage
            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 13, 2006
              Ray Shapp wrote:
              > Hi Jelks, Sheri, and Harvey:
              >
              > Thanks for your three-way discussion about this clip. I'm now using
              the final
              > version posted by Jelks on 8/7/2006.
              >
              > My question: Where is the delay? I looked at both the commands
              (^$StrFormat
              > and ^$GetSelection$) in Help, but I don't see the introduction of any
              delay in
              > them.
              >
              > Ray Shapp
              > WinXP Home SP2

              Ray,

              The 'delay' was discussed in reference to an earlier clip when using
              ^!Keyboard commands, as below from a previous email. In the 4th line
              down is an entry '&1', in keyboard commands the '&' precedes a number
              representing fractions of a second, in this case it's milliseconds, my
              entry, '&1' represents 1 millisecond, '&500' represents a half second.

              ^!If ^$GetSelSize$ > 0 Skip
              ^!Select ALL
              ^!Keyboard CTRL+SHIFT+Q
              ^!Keyboard CTRL+SHIFT+M &1 #0# TAB #60# TAB ENTER
              ^!Keyboard CTRL+Q

              You're probably already be aware of this but I thought, just in case
              I'll answer to explain.

              ºvº
              2006.08.13
              -Newspaper HeadLine...
              "Enraged Cow Injures Farmer with Ax"
              hrs ø hsavage@...
            • Ray Shapp
              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 14, 2006
                Hi Harvey,

                Great help, and a very funny tag line. I still giggle when I picture the
                ax-carrying farmer being injured. Then shifting gears, I see an ax-wielding
                cow.

                Regards,

                Ray Shapp