Re: [Clip] List of open documents

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 7, 2006
      bruce.somers@... wrote:
      > Where does NoteTab maintain the list of opened documents, to be
      opened again when NoteTab is restarted?

      Bruce,

      I believe you'll find that list in NotePro.ini under the heading
      [AutoLoad]. This is my list.

      [AutoLoad]
      LoadFiles=5
      FileName_1=C:\Fookes\Ntp\documents\NTP_paste.txt
      FileName_2=C:\Fookes\Ntp\Libraries\FTP.clb
      FileName_3=C:\Fookes\Ntp\Libraries\+others.clb
      FileName_4=C:\Documents and Settings\Harvey\Desktop\hrs01.txt
      FileName_5=C:\Documents and Settings\Harvey\Desktop\email.emd
      ActiveDoc=-1

      These are the files that reopen with shutdown and restart.

      ºvº
      06.08.07_07.44
      "Cooking I; Bringing Back Bacon, Eggs and Butter."
      hrs ø hsavage@...
    • bruce.somers@web.de
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 7, 2006
        hsavage wrote

        > I believe you'll find that list in NotePro.ini under the heading
        > [AutoLoad]. -1
        >
        > These are the files that reopen with shutdown and restart.

        Thank you - that was it! I had mistakenly latched onto [History] rather than [Autoload]. It's working fine now. What [History] is, I don' t know. But who can know everything?

        I note that I'm on the wrong list with this - sorry about that.

        Bruce
      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 7, 2006
          bruce.somers@... wrote:
          > hsavage wrote
          >
          >> I believe you'll find that list in NotePro.ini under the heading
          >> [AutoLoad]. -1
          >>
          >> These are the files that reopen with shutdown and restart.
          >>
          > Thank you - that was it! I had mistakenly latched onto [History]
          rather than [Autoload]. It's working fine now. What [History] is, I
          don' t know. But who can know everything?

          > I note that I'm on the wrong list with this - sorry about that.

          Bruce,

          I'll cc this to the NoteTab list, that would seem to be suitable for
          this type discussion.

          The [History] section, I believe, is used to track previously opened files.

          You can click File > ReOpen to see the history list and quickly reopen
          any of the last several files that were opened.

          ºvº
          2006.08.07
          "Cooking I; Bringing Back Bacon, Eggs and Butter."
          hrs ø hsavage@...
        • Alec Burgess(g)
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 7, 2006
            Bruce:
            > I note that I'm on the wrong list with this - sorry about that.

            Just FYI, I don't think Jody has ever complained (*loudly*{grin}) about
            posts made to Clips when they could have perhaps been made to the regular
            list. Its more the other way around :-)

            > What [History] is, I don' t know. But who can know everything?
            Again FYI, History matches the files you've closed (rather than left open
            when you closed Notetab). Have a look at Menu/Files/Reopen ... it should
            match to History in the INI file.

            Regards ... Alec