List of open documents

  • bruce.somers@web.de
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 7, 2006
      Where does NoteTab maintain the list of opened documents, to be opened again when NoteTab is restarted?
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 7, 2006
        bruce.somers@... wrote:
        > Where does NoteTab maintain the list of opened documents, to be
        opened again when NoteTab is restarted?

        Bruce,

        I believe you'll find that list in NotePro.ini under the heading
        [AutoLoad]. This is my list.

        [AutoLoad]
        LoadFiles=5
        FileName_1=C:\Fookes\Ntp\documents\NTP_paste.txt
        FileName_2=C:\Fookes\Ntp\Libraries\FTP.clb
        FileName_3=C:\Fookes\Ntp\Libraries\+others.clb
        FileName_4=C:\Documents and Settings\Harvey\Desktop\hrs01.txt
        FileName_5=C:\Documents and Settings\Harvey\Desktop\email.emd
        ActiveDoc=-1

        These are the files that reopen with shutdown and restart.

        ºvº
        06.08.07_07.44
        "Cooking I; Bringing Back Bacon, Eggs and Butter."
        hrs ø hsavage@...
      • bruce.somers@web.de
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 7, 2006
          hsavage wrote

          > I believe you'll find that list in NotePro.ini under the heading
          > [AutoLoad]. -1
          >
          > These are the files that reopen with shutdown and restart.

          Thank you - that was it! I had mistakenly latched onto [History] rather than [Autoload]. It's working fine now. What [History] is, I don' t know. But who can know everything?

          I note that I'm on the wrong list with this - sorry about that.

          Bruce
        • hsavage
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 7, 2006
            bruce.somers@... wrote:
            > hsavage wrote
            >
            >> I believe you'll find that list in NotePro.ini under the heading
            >> [AutoLoad]. -1
            >>
            >> These are the files that reopen with shutdown and restart.
            >>
            > Thank you - that was it! I had mistakenly latched onto [History]
            rather than [Autoload]. It's working fine now. What [History] is, I
            don' t know. But who can know everything?

            > I note that I'm on the wrong list with this - sorry about that.

            Bruce,

            I'll cc this to the NoteTab list, that would seem to be suitable for
            this type discussion.

            The [History] section, I believe, is used to track previously opened files.

            You can click File > ReOpen to see the history list and quickly reopen
            any of the last several files that were opened.

            ºvº
            2006.08.07
            "Cooking I; Bringing Back Bacon, Eggs and Butter."
            hrs ø hsavage@...
          • Alec Burgess(g)
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 7, 2006
              Bruce:
              > I note that I'm on the wrong list with this - sorry about that.

              Just FYI, I don't think Jody has ever complained (*loudly*{grin}) about
              posts made to Clips when they could have perhaps been made to the regular
              list. Its more the other way around :-)

              > What [History] is, I don' t know. But who can know everything?
              Again FYI, History matches the files you've closed (rather than left open
              when you closed Notetab). Have a look at Menu/Files/Reopen ... it should
              match to History in the INI file.

              Regards ... Alec