Re: [Clip] Reloaded NoteTab and now can't FTP

  • Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 27, 2006
      There is a SetUp FTP and a SetUp WinZip in the "QuickWinZip" clip that you
      may need to run again. It defines server paths and ws_ftp profiles etc...
      and that sounds sorta like what you are missing.

      Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II
      http://philliphansel.com

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 13 9:32 PM
        Thanks Phillip. I tried that, but the SetUp FTP clip doesn't ask for
        the local folder names.

        I have resorted to uninstalling NoteTab and deleting all the associated
        files I could find to no avail.

        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II"
        <mr.phillip@...> wrote:

        > There is a SetUp FTP and a SetUp WinZip in the "QuickWinZip" clip that
        you
        > may need to run again. It defines server paths and ws_ftp profiles
        etc...
        > and that sounds sorta like what you are missing.
      • Sheri
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 14 7:36 AM
          I don't see any references to winzip or ws_ftp in the generic ftp
          clip library.

          I had never before used the FTP clip library, but I was able to set
          it up and successfully download a single file. I didn't get it work
          with wildcard file names, and I didn't try uploading.

          There would be no need to reinstall notetab. You could edit your
          NoteTab or NotePro ini file outside of NoteTab (e.g., with windows
          notepad) and delete the section and entries under [FTP] to start
          over.

          Hopefully you are giving it the correct username and password.
          Unless you get the output in Notetab, you can't see if there are
          error messages when it tries to sign in. If there are, the FTP
          application may not end properly and unless you want to terminate
          the process (Ctrl+Alt+Delete then End Process on FTP.exe) you would
          need to reboot.

          I would suggest electing to get the output in NoteTab and posting
          what it says.

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 14 7:50 AM
            Sheri wrote:
            > I had never before used the FTP clip library,

            Far be it from me to put down NoteTab, but in this case I will suggest
            using another tool far more suited to the task -> Totalcommander.

            I would not be able to use my computer without it. Mainly it is an
            actually useful (contrary to the original) replacement to the Windows
            Explorer plus much much more.

            N.B: Apart from a single nagscreen at startup the free test version is
            fully functional.

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 14 8:24 AM
              Hi Sheri, Phillip, and Carol,

              It appears that Carol is using either my Ws_Ftp/WinZip Library or
              somebody else's. Carol, if you need to ask questions about
              Libraries that are not part of the NoteTab installation, you need
              to write the person who wrote the Library in private eMail. You
              may have removed NoteTab's FTP Library and renamed another
              Library to FTP. Anyway, most people that post their Libraries
              have contact information in them. That is who you need to write.
              The people on the Clips list don't always have the Libraries
              built by others. (I will reply to you message that you sent me at
              my Support address.)

              >I don't see any references to winzip or ws_ftp in the generic ftp
              >clip library.
              >
              >--- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Carol" <Carol.Bell@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> Thanks Phillip. I tried that, but the SetUp FTP clip doesn't
              >> ask for the local folder names.
              >>
              >> I have resorted to uninstalling NoteTab and deleting all the
              >> associated files I could find to no avail.
              >>
              >> --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II"

              Convert your eMail programs... Aid4Mail: http://www.fookes.us/aid4mail

              Freeware and Shareware; some seamleesly integrates with NoteTab:
              http://www.sojourner.us/software

              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 14 8:39 AM
                HivCarol,

                You are using at least part of the FTP Library that comes with
                NoteTab I see, or at least a script. :) You might try posting
                that script as is in a message to this list (not an attachment).
                I do not use the FTP Library that comes with NoteTab and have to
                study it every time to relearn how to use it.

                >I don't see any references to winzip or ws_ftp in the generic ftp
                >clip library.
                >
                >--- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Carol" <Carol.Bell@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> Thanks Phillip. I tried that, but the SetUp FTP clip doesn't
                >> ask for the local folder names.
                >>
                >> I have resorted to uninstalling NoteTab and deleting all the
                >> associated files I could find to no avail.
                >>
                >> --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II"

                Convert your eMail programs... Aid4Mail: http://www.fookes.us/aid4mail

                Freeware and Shareware; some seamleesly integrates with NoteTab:
                http://www.sojourner.us/software

              • Carol
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 14 10:28 AM
                  I'm not using anything other than the standard FTP library that came
                  with Notetab Pro, because I uninstalled it and deleted the folders in
                  \Program Files and in my own \Application Data subfolder.

                  I tried deleteing the entire [FTP] section in the .ini file and it
                  didn't help. Then I would run the FTP Server Setup clip.

                  This is the Run FTP Program clip found in the standard FTP library:
                  Run FTP program
                  ^!Set %CommandLine%=^$GetSysProgPath$FTP.exe
                  ^!IfFileExist "^%CommandLine%" Next ELSE NoFTP

                  ^!Set %Host%=^$GetValue("FTP:Host")$
                  ^!Set %ScriptName%=^$GetValue("FTP:ScriptName")$
                  ^!Set %BufferSize%=^$GetValue("FTP:BufferSize")$
                  ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty("^%ScriptName%")$ ^!Set %ScriptName%=^$GetScriptPath$
                  ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty("^%BufferSize%")$ ^!Set %BufferSize%=4096

                  ^!SetListDelimiter " "
                  ^!Set %Host%=^?{Name or IP of remote computer (optional)=^%Host%};
                  %ScriptName%=^?{(T=O;F="Script files (*.scr;*.txt)|*.scr;*.txt")FTP
                  Script file (optional)=^%ScriptName%}; %BufferSize%=^?{Transfer buffer
                  size in bytes (optional)=^%BufferSize%};
                  %Options%=^?{(T=A;H=5)Command-Line options=Surpress display of remote
                  server responses^=-v|Surpress auto-login upon initial
                  connection^=-n|_Turn off interactive prompting during multiple file
                  transfers^=-i|Enable debugging (displays all FTP commands)^=-d|Disable
                  filename globbing (disables use of wildcards)^=-g}

                  ^!IfSame "^%BufferSize%" "4096" ^!ClearVariable %BufferSize%

                  ^!SaveValue FTP:Host=^%Host%
                  ^!SaveValue FTP:ScriptName=^%ScriptName%
                  ^!SaveValue FTP:BufferSize=^%BufferSize%

                  ^!IfFalse ^$IsEmpty("^%Host%")$ ^!Set %Host%= ^%Host%
                  ^!IfFalse ^$IsEmpty("^%ScriptName%")$ ^!Set %ScriptName%=
                  -s:^$GetShort("^%ScriptName%")$
                  ^!IfFalse ^$IsEmpty("^%BufferSize%")$ ^!Set %BufferSize%=
                  -w:^%BufferSize%
                  ^!IfFalse ^$IsEmpty("^%Options%")$ ^!Set %Options%= ^%Options%

                  ^!^%CommandLine%^%Options%^%ScriptName%^%BufferSize%^%Host%
                  ^!Goto End

                  :NoFTP
                  ^!Prompt The Windows FTP.exe program was not found on your computer.
                  Please install it before using this command.
                  ^!Goto Exit
                  Here's my script that I use with the above clip, with the password
                  changed to mypassword:
                  open pages.sbcglobal.net
                  carol.bell@...
                  xxxxxx
                  cd /
                  ascii
                  put mm_20_shadow.png
                  put TimeshareMaps.xml
                  mput *Resorts.xml
                  Everything works well with the exception of the put commands. FTP
                  responds with 'file not found'

                  This is what the [FTP] section looks like afterwards:
                  [FTP]
                  Host=
                  ScriptName="C:\Documents and Settings\Carol Bell\My
                  Documents\Maps\Google map API\TimeshareMaps Load.scr"
                  BufferSize=
                  Computer=pages.sbcglobal.net
                  UserName=carol.bell@...
                  SavePassword=yes
                  CaptureOutput=No
                  Password=xxxxxx
                  I am using LeechFTP to upload my files, but I'd rather stay within
                  Notetab and FTP. If someone has a script they use to FTP successfully,
                  I'd appreciate it if they would post it. Maybe I can figure out what
                  I'm doing wrong.

                • Sheri
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 14 12:00 PM
                    You script lacks commands to change the local directory to wherever
                    those files are. For example if the files are in C:\FTP ...

                    > Here's my script that I use with the above clip, with the password
                    > changed to mypassword:
                    > open pages.sbcglobal.net
                    > carol.bell@...
                    > xxxxxx

                    add in here:

                    lcd C:\FTP

                    > cd /
                    > ascii
                    > put mm_20_shadow.png
                    > put TimeshareMaps.xml
                    > mput *Resorts.xml
                    > Everything works well with the exception of the put commands. FTP
                    > responds with 'file not found'

                    If there are spaces in the dir name, I'm not sure how to handle it.
                    This is all new to me. However, I used the FTP clip libary to make
                    a script which uploaded a text file from C:\FTP. Mine looks like
                    this:

                    open xxx.comcast.net
                    silvermoonwoman
                    xxxx