[Clip] NoteTab 4.6a, OUTLOOK and ^!Email Address;Subject[;+]

  • filip.filliaert@merant.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 1999
      Dear members of this list,

      The following is part of a more bigger script I wrote

      ^!Set %MailSomePeople%=person1.test@...;person2.test@somewher
      e.com
      ^!Email ^%MailSomePeople%;Test Subject;+

      Unfortunately it appears NoteTab 'shifts' the parameters:

      To: person1.test@...
      Subject: person2.test@...
      Body: Test Subject;+

      which is not what I expected.

      When I use a ',' instead of a ';' as e-mail seperator, the mail fields
      are filled out correctly, BUT Outlook will start complaining when
      trying to send the e-mail (I should use ';' instead of ',').

      Anyone an idea on how to resolve this issue?

      Btw, are there plans to implement a function like below?

      ^!EmailFull To;CC;BCC;Subject[;+]

      Thanks

      Filip
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 1999
        Hi Filip,

        >^!Set %MailSomePeople%=person1.test@...;person2.test@...

        Try:

        ...=person1.test@..., person2.test@...
        ...="person1.test@..., person2.test@..."

        Unfortunately when I installed Win 98SE I lost MAPI so I cannot
        test for you - besides, I don't have OutLook. <g> I am only
        able to look at clips I have that did work in Win95 using MAPI
        like this one with just the actually addresses and subject
        changed for posting. I used it for a quick send.

        ^!eMail "Name One" <Address1@...>, "Name Two" <Address2@...>;Test;+

        >When I use a ',' instead of a ';' as e-mail seperator, the mail fields
        >are filled out correctly, BUT Outlook will start complaining when
        >trying to send the e-mail (I should use ';' instead of ',').

        See if OutLook likes it with the space after the comma and/or
        with the quotes as above. No, don't use the semi-colon - NoteTab
        uses that.

        > ^!EmailFull To;CC;BCC;Subject[;+]

        That would be nice for those who are fortunante enough to still
        have MAPI working.

        Here is a script I was working on awhile back for IE5, but
        haven't had the time to get back to it yet. something similar
        will let you do Cc, Bcc, in Outlook and will bypass MAPI
        altogether.

        ^!ClearVariables
        ^!SetWizardTitle An alternative to MAPI - does Cc/Bcc!
        ^!SetHintInfo Complete dialog and hit OK

        ^!SetListDelimiter ,^%Space%
        ; One line till the blank.
        ^!Set %Body%=^$GetText$; %To%="^?{(T=A)Select To Address(es)=_Jody Adair^="Jody Adair" <Sojourner@...>|NoteTab Clips^="NoteTab Clips" <Ntb-Clips@...>|NoteTab Basic^="NoteTab Basic" <NoteTab@...>}"; %Subject%=^?{Subject=Test}; %Cc%="^?{Select Cc Address(es)=Jody Adair^="Jody Adair" <Sojourner@...>|NoteTab Clips^="NoteTab Clips" <Ntb-Clips@...>|NoteTab Basic^="NoteTab Basic" <NoteTab@...>|_None^=}"; %Bcc%="^?{Bcc=NoteTab's Addressbook^=NoteBook|"Somebody Somewhere" <Everybody@...>, "Chong" <DaveIs@...>|Put eMail program list nickname here^=List 1|_None^=}"

        ^!FocusApp "Inbox - Outlook Express"
        ; ^!IfAppOpen "Inbox - Outlook Express" DoMail else Next
        ; ^!CmdShow Maximize

        ; this would be your path to Outlook.exe
        ; ^!^$GetValue(MultiMail-ja:eMail)$

        ; ^!FocusApp "Inbox - ^$GetValue(MultiMail-ja:Title)$"
        ; ^!IfAppOpen "Inbox - ^$GetValue(MultiMail-ja:Title)$" Next else Skip_-1

        :DoMail
        ; I added the next line without testing. It may
        ; or may not maximize the New Message window.
        ^!CmdShow Maximize
        ^!Keyboard Ctrl+N
        ^!Delay 5
        ^!SetClipboard ^%To%