Re: [NTB] NoteTab Pro 5.0 beta available

  • Scott Fordin
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 12, 2006
      Eric Fookes wrote:
      > NoteTab Pro 5.0 beta is now available for download.

      Congratulations, Eric! I know it was a long road to get
      to this point. Well done!

      Scott
    • abairheart
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 14, 2006
        > Please send us feedback if you encounter any issues. Thanks for testing!

        Eric,

        On W2k SP4, I have found the following:

        Simple RegExp searches SUCCEED,
        Complicated ones FAIL:

        Menu driven search for:
        "^From .*" WORKS, but
        "^From .*\n" FAILS

        Clips (using ^!Find) on a raw mailbox file:

        "^From (.*\n)+Date.\s"
        "^Mess(.*\n)+\n(.*\n)+\nhttp.*\n\n"
        "^Number(.*\n)+MAIL Server"
        "^Total(.*\n)+Total Bandwidth[* (]*B"
        all FAILED

        Clips (using ^!Find) on an HTML file:

        <^%tagname%
        and (</^%tagname%>)|(<^%tagname%)

        SUCCEED.

        If RegExp searches stay as fast as normal searches, when the bugs are
        fixed, I will be impressed.

        Keep on Truckin'

        Abair
      • abairheart
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 14, 2006
          > Please send us feedback if you encounter any issues. Thanks for testing!

          Eric,

          On W2k SP4, I have found the following:

          Simple RegExp searches SUCCEED,
          Complicated ones FAIL:

          Menu driven search for:
          "^From .*" WORKS, but
          "^From .*\n" FAILS

          Clips (using ^!Find) on a raw mailbox file:

          "^From (.*\n)+Date.\s"
          "^Mess(.*\n)+\n(.*\n)+\nhttp.*\n\n"
          "^Number(.*\n)+MAIL Server"
          "^Total(.*\n)+Total Bandwidth[* (]*B"
          all FAILED

          Clips (using ^!Find) on an HTML file:

          <^%tagname%
          and (</^%tagname%>)|(<^%tagname%)

          SUCCEED.

          If RegExp searches stay as fast as normal searches, when the bugs are
          fixed, I will be impressed.

          Keep on Truckin'

          Abair
        • Eric Fookes
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 14, 2006
            Hi Abair,

            > Simple RegExp searches SUCCEED,
            > Complicated ones FAIL:
            >
            > Menu driven search for:
            > "^From .*" WORKS, but
            > "^From .*\n" FAILS

            Thanks for your feedback. In the previous regex engine, \n represented a
            Windows line break composed of two characters: hex 0D 0A. Now \n
            represents just hex 0A. As a result, you need to change the "\n" in your
            pattern to "\r\n". Doing that should fix the issue.

            Eric Fookes
            http://www.fookes.com/
          • Jeff Scism
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 14, 2006
              I was having troubles "drilling down" in a directory to open a file this
              morning, with each successively lower level it got slower to open the
              directory, by the time I got down to the one I wanted to open NoteTab
              was frozen for 15 minutes. When it unfroze, I could not select the file
              to open. This could of course be a outside issue to note tab, ie: Win
              XP, but I also note that Norton antivirus takes a LONG time to check the
              Notetab files when opening.

              (As a possibility I am adding 2 gigs of RAM to the computer in the next
              couple of days, waiting for it to arrive, Currently my computer "sees"
              190 MB of 256.).

              ~~

              Jeffery Scism,
              USGenWeb Project Local Coordinator Rep
              NC/NE region

            • Eric Fookes
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 14, 2006
                Hi Jeff,

                > I was having troubles "drilling down" in a directory to open a file this
                > morning, with each successively lower level it got slower to open the
                > directory, by the time I got down to the one I wanted to open NoteTab
                > was frozen for 15 minutes. When it unfroze, I could not select the file
                > to open. This could of course be a outside issue to note tab, ie: Win
                > XP, but I also note that Norton antivirus takes a LONG time to check the
                > Notetab files when opening.

                The File Open dialog box is a Windows component and it's behavior is
                entirely controlled by Windows, not NoteTab. It's possible that your
                antivirus is causing this slowdown.

                Eric Fookes
                http://www.fookes.com/