Re: [Clip] Re: inquiry about regex find

  • Phillip Sand Hansel II
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 22, 2006
      >>A successful find within a highlight
      > changes what is highlighted (to the range of found text).

      Doh! Makes perfect sense (now). I knew something was causing it to get
      unselected (and I saw several candidates, but didn't understand it was the
      Find that was critical).

      So I would need to highlight the proper area before each find. I think that
      will still be faster than operating on the entire file. The current
      operation is not that slow, but I think forcing focus to the needed area
      should make things even faster. I'll do some tests.

      Thanks for confirming that H & W are exclusive. There should be only one
      occurrence, so I will drop the W.

      Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II
      http://philliphansel.com