Re: Regarding the solutions to removing lines with CAPs

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 19, 2006
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Larry De Coste <ladecoste@...> wrote:

      > I was thinking of biting the bullet & learning another language.
      However I was inclining towards Python. Why don't you like it? I
      understand that is easier to understand and that it is aimed at text
      manipulation.

      > Thanks for your help, Larry

      Hi Larry,

      Don't think I've ever mentioned Python. I haven't done much with that
      (nothing in the context of text manipulation). Python is the scripting
      language used in Paint Shop Pro. Most of the work is done for you in
      PSP (you can "record" your steps and it creates a working Python
      script) but I went a little beyond that (it was a few years ago). I
      don't remember any of the specifics except that I did ultimately
      accomplish my goal. There are probably pros and cons between Python and
      PHP. They both use PCRE (Perl Compatitble Regular Expressions) but the
      version in PHP is newer. I like PHP so I'm sticking with it :D

    • Bob Gorman
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 30, 2006
        gunnisonbirder ,
        At Monday 07:57 AM 6/19/2006, you wrote:

        >While trying to find a solution to my problem I came across the clip
        >library called "nnnLines" in the archives. This can be used to
        >perform the "count of absent" and then again for "count lines with
        >tardy". Use "getlines if it contains..." clip in above library.
        >Download link was in a post of over a year ago.

        "nnnLines" library sounds like just what I want for a file processing
        template. But where is it? I searched the archive files on the website, and
        also the 'files' area of this Yahoo group, but to no avail.

        Is there another secret archive I don't know about, that has this clip and
        perhaps other useful ones as well?

        Please send a pointer to the download link.

        Thanks,
        Bob

      • loro
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 30, 2006
          Bob Gorman wrote:
          >"nnnLines" library sounds like just what I want for a file processing
          >template. But where is it? I searched the archive files on the website, and
          >also the 'files' area of this Yahoo group, but to no avail.

          Here you go.
          <http://www.notetab.net/zip/nnnlines.zip>

          Lotta
        • hsavage
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 30, 2006
            Bob Gorman wrote:
            > gunnisonbirder ,
            > At Monday 07:57 AM 6/19/2006, you wrote:
            >
            >> While trying to find a solution to my problem I came across the clip
            >> library called "nnnLines" in the archives.
            >
            > "nnnLines" library sounds like just what I want for a file processing
            > template. But where is it? I searched the archive files on the
            website, and
            > also the 'files' area of this Yahoo group, but to no avail.
            >
            > Is there another secret archive I don't know about, that has this
            clip and
            > perhaps other useful ones as well?
            >
            > Please send a pointer to the download link.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Bob

            Bob,

            Here's the link you asked for to 'nnnLines.clb!

            http://www.notetab.net/zip/nnnlines.zip

            ºvº
            06.06.30_19.53
            -Newspaper HeadLine...
            "New Study of Obesity Looks for Larger Test Group"
            hrs ø hsavage@...
          • hsavage
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 30, 2006
              loro wrote:
              > Bob Gorman wrote:
              >> "nnnLines" library sounds like just what I want for a file processing
              >> template. But where is it? I searched the archive files on the
              website, and
              >> also the 'files' area of this Yahoo group, but to no avail.
              >
              > Here you go.
              > <http://www.notetab.net/zip/nnnlines.zip>
              >
              > Lotta

              Lotta,

              I just sent Bob the same link, that's what I get for not reading ahead!

              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 30, 2006
                Hi Harvey,
                >I just sent Bob the same link, that's what I get for not reading ahead!

                That should guarantee it's the right link!

                Lotta
              • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 1, 2006
                  Great there goes another secret ;-)
                  Did you get your answer on how to remove those lines Bob?

                  >Is there another secret archive I don't know about, that has this clip
                  and perhaps other useful ones as well?

                  snip...