Re: help

  • John Zeman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 14, 2006
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "dave" <dmc43959@...> wrote:

      > Hi
      > How do I search for a value as long as two other value are there e.g.
      > tile and cd number both have to be there if found this would give
      down low
      > If one or the other not there nothing found.
      > I think of it as a NOR function.
      >
      > 1. title down low
      > 2. manufacture 2341
      > 3. CD NUMBER 3456
      > 4. CATEGORY 2356
      >
      > THANKYOU DAVE M

      You need to provide more specific information to solve this Dave. For
      example do you mean you're looking for the word "title"? Or something
      that follows the word title?

      Basically, I'd tackle the problem by searching for the title, and if
      it's found, the clip continues and does a similar search for a CD
      number. If the CD number is found the clip continues and does what
      you want it to do. In the above scenario both must be present in
      order for the clip to do something. Basic template follows:

      ^!Find "title"
      ^!IfError END
      ^!Find "CD number"
      ^!IfError END
      ;Rest of clip

      This is actually an AND function not a NOR.