help

  • dave
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 14, 2006
      Hi
      How do I search for a value as long as two other value are there e.g.
      tile and cd number both have to be there if found this would give down low
      If one or the other not there nothing found.
      I think of it as a NOR function.

      1. title down low
      2. manufacture 2341
      3. CD NUMBER 3456
      4. CATEGORY 2356

      THANKYOU DAVE M
    • John Zeman
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 14, 2006
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "dave" <dmc43959@...> wrote:

        > Hi
        > How do I search for a value as long as two other value are there e.g.
        > tile and cd number both have to be there if found this would give
        down low
        > If one or the other not there nothing found.
        > I think of it as a NOR function.
        >
        > 1. title down low
        > 2. manufacture 2341
        > 3. CD NUMBER 3456
        > 4. CATEGORY 2356
        >
        > THANKYOU DAVE M

        You need to provide more specific information to solve this Dave. For
        example do you mean you're looking for the word "title"? Or something
        that follows the word title?

        Basically, I'd tackle the problem by searching for the title, and if
        it's found, the clip continues and does a similar search for a CD
        number. If the CD number is found the clip continues and does what
        you want it to do. In the above scenario both must be present in
        order for the clip to do something. Basic template follows:

        ^!Find "title"
        ^!IfError END
        ^!Find "CD number"
        ^!IfError END
        ;Rest of clip

        This is actually an AND function not a NOR.