Re: [Clip] Testing Conditions?

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 11, 2006
      Phillip Sand Hansel II wrote:
      > Thank you. I very much appreciate your insight (hsavage, et al).
      >
      >>> Op's original clip, for whatever reason, make three passes through,
      each
      >>> time
      > looking for one of the three (and if found, reset the var with what was
      > found).
      >
      > On all wells, there is the possibility of hundreds, but in any one well,
      > there is probably only one Deep Resistivity curve that I need to make a
      > customized comment for. [Then there's a Medium, and a Shallow, a
      density,
      > a gamma ray, a neutron and a sonic...etc... several different
      flavours of the
      > same problem. When I get one worked out, then it is cut & paste
      cloning time.]

      > It is awkward to explain, I should have posted an example (I will next
      > time). However both respondents answered the question; one told me
      > specifically what was wrong with my example, and the other answered the
      > question in the way that I should have asked it if I had known better.
      >
      > Thanks a lot, pretty soon I'll be able to do half of my job without
      thinking
      > and in just a few clicks. This won't get me more money, but it will
      get me a
      > few more minutes to sit out on my deck and watch the birds. :-)
      >
      > Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II
      > http://philliphansel.com

      Phillip,

      If there are, in fact, hundreds of possibles the way you might want to
      go is with an array populated by a small database of you compilation.
      If enough possibles are included in your custom list/database you could
      probably get by without having to edit the clip, at least not too often.

      The array/database method should apply to any other repetitious use of
      variables. You can add the other flavors into one clip and possibly use
      Wizards to make the preliminary choices.

      ºvº
      06.06.11_20.00
      "Driving a Car Safely; A Skill You 'CAN' Acquire."
      hrs ø hsavage@...
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 11, 2006
        Phillip Sand Hansel II wrote:
        > Everyone questioned the Last Step... I think that was because I was
        using
        > Tab delimited Replace. If you don't see the tabs, or if email
        stripped them,
        > it is harder to figure out.
        >
        > Maybe it should look like this...
        > ^!Replace "DRESWS.OHMM" >> "DRESWS.OHMM : DEEP RESISTIVITY
        [^%DRES%]"
        > CIWS
        >
        > Thanks again,
        > Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II

        Phillip,

        Immediately apparent when double-arrow '>>' delimiter is used.