Re: [Clip] Trying to replace single and double quote marks in a script

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 10, 2006
      St John Tremayne wrote:
      > Ditto to Sharon's problem. I've got a series of replace statements that SHOULD
      > work: replace left-hand quote with ascii quote, replace slanty apostrophe with
      > ascii apostrophe, replace M-dash with ascii double hyphen, on and on. I run
      > the clip, and it recognizes plus replaces the FIRST left-hand quote, then
      > blanks out on everything else, AND it somehow changes the other left-hand
      > quotes into something else that I have to copy into the regular replace
      > function ([ctrl]R) before NoteTab recognizes it.
      >
      > If I put words into the clip instead of punctuation marks, it works, so I'm on
      > the right track.
      >
      > I'm about to give up ... and, yes, I have been checking the archives, so far
      > haven't come up with an answer that works. Right now, I depend on a whole list
      > of such "enriched" punctuation I want to run a find-and-replace on, and copy
      > each one singly into the replace window. Tedious.
      >
      > Not a programmer, just an amateur floundering in the deep end. Any help you
      > can give Sharon would be greatly appreciated by more than just her!
      >
      > StJohn Tremayne
      > sinjohns@...

      I wrote a quote clip some time ago for a librarian on this list. Others
      helped and it did about what you are describing as I recall. Do you
      have a copy of the file you are wanting to change before and after so I
      can see it? If so directly shoot it to me via my email and I bet I can
      fix you up if you are still in need.

      P.S. Of course you are a programmer, just not a great one yet :-)

      Don