Re: [Clip] How can I find out which versions of NoteTab are installed on a comp

  • rpdooling
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2 7:29 PM
      On my machine, in

      c:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro

      there is a an xml file called

      NotePro.exe.manifest

      That contains all of the particulars. I assume the other two flavors
      of installation have a similar file. Now you need to script using WSH
      VBS Perl or Python to find the dir (NoteTab*) and
      file(Note*.exe.manifest) and extract the xml info.

      That's all I can think of.

      rpd
    • Larry Hamilton
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 23, 2006
        rpd,

        I was looking for something in my clips list archive, and noticed that
        there did not seem to be an answer to you question in your email of June
        2, 2006.

        NoteTab has three functions that could help in this regard.

        ^$GetEditorType$ returns Light, Standard, or Pro.

        ^$GetProgName$ returns the full name of the NoteTab variant.

        ^$GetProgVersion$ returns the current version number.

        Used together, these three functions can help check to see if a
        particular clip can work for a particular installation of NoteTab. This
        combined with checking the ClipCode.chm to make sure what version a
        particular command was added, goes a long way to help with clip
        compatibility. It is very helpful that Eric added what version he added
        or changed a particular clip command or function.

        There may also be something stored in the registry, and the registry
        reading capabilities of NoteTab could be helpful there.

        HTH,

        Larry Hamilton
        Kairos Computer Solutions
        http://www.kairoscomputers.com/