Insert date/time in other applications

  • vclawson2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2006
      I use NoteTab light to insert clips in other applications.
      However, I can't figure out how to get notetab to insert the
      current data/time. Any help would be appreciated.
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2006
        vclawson2000 wrote:
        > I use NoteTab light to insert clips in other applications.
        > However, I can't figure out how to get notetab to insert the
        > current data/time. Any help would be appreciated.

        vcl,

        For a starter peruse below.

        h=insertdatime
        ^!Menu File/New
        ^!Insert ^$GetDate(yy-mm-dd/hh:nn:ss)$^%nl%
        ^!InsertCode ^$GetDate(yy-mm-dd/hh:nn:ss)$^%nl%
        ^!InsertHtml ^$GetDate(yy-mm-dd/hh:nn:ss)$^%nl%
        ^!InsertText ^$GetDate(yy-mm-dd/hh:nn:ss)$^%nl%^%nl%

        ^!Insert ^[yy-mm-dd/hh:nn:ss^]^%nl%
        ^!InsertCode ^[yy-mm-dd/hh:nn:ss^]^%nl%
        ^!InsertHtml ^[yy-mm-dd/hh:nn:ss^]^%nl%
        ^!InsertText ^[yy-mm-dd/hh:nn:ss^]^%nl%

        To be of more help we need more specifics on the process you're trying
        to use.

        ºvº
        06.06.02_06.58
        -Newspaper HeadLine...
        "Bank Drive-in Window Blocked by Board"
        hrs ø hsavage@...
      • Don Daugherty
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2006
          vclawson2000 wrote:
          > I use NoteTab light to insert clips in other applications.
          > However, I can't figure out how to get notetab to insert the
          > current data/time. Any help would be appreciated.

          If I'm understanding what you mean by "to insert clips in other
          applications", you are controlling another application via a clip and
          you can use something like the following clip lines to get the date and
          time typed at the "insertion point" in the other application.
          ^!KeyboardDelay 100
          ; Experiment with "100" to get the job done as quickly as possible
          without "typing" faster than the other app can handle it.
          ^!Keyboard #^$GetDate(yy-mm-dd/hh:nn:ss)$#