Re: [Clip] Run a simple clip on a folder of files? How is best way?

    Message 1 of 6 , May 31, 2006
      Hi Phillip, Doug, ???, ;)

      >; run winzip, minimized, add a series of filetypes, output to a new
      >location.
      >^!^$GetValue("WinZip:WinZip")$ -min -a -en "^%SaveZip2%" "^%Files2Zip%"
      >
      >; Couldn't figure out what jody did below, but mine seems to work for me
      >;^!^$GetValue("WinZip:WinZip")$ -min -a -en ^%FileName%
      >^$StrReplace("^%sc%";"^%Space%";""^%Files%"";False;False)$

      This all appears to be from my DirStuff or FtpZip. It comes from
      the Setup section of those Libraries to setup the default paths
      for zipping and unzipping files, and default paths of files to
      zip and where to put the files extracted. It also sets up the
      location of WinZip. It appears you only used what you needed of
      it and ;commented the rest out. (I would just remove it so it
      doesn't confuse you, the parts that you have commented out that
      is. <g> See below for the Setup WinZip.

      >; Wait until WinZip is closed before continuing to next folder
      >^!Wait
      >
      >;Jump back to the start of the loop
      >^!Goto StartLoop
      >
      >:DONE
      >;^!SaveValue WinZip:WinZip=^%WinZip%
      >^!SaveValue WinZip:SaveZip=^%SaveZip%
      >;^!SaveValue WinZip:Files2Zip=^%Files2Zip%
      >^!SaveValue WinZip:OpenZip=^%OpenZip%
      >;^!SaveValue WinZip:ExtractZip=^%ExtractZip%
      >^!INFO Processing complete

      This is the Setup section I talked about. You use the ^$GetValue function
      to get the stored paths as you did higher up in the Clip..

      H=Setup WinZip...
      ^!SetIniFile NtbUsers

      ^!Set %WinZip%=^?{(T=O)Full path of WinZip=^$GetValue("WinZip:WinZip")$}; %SaveZip%=^?{(T=D)Enter default path to save zip files=^$GetValue("WinZip:SaveZip")$}; %Files2Zip%=^?{(T=D)Enter default path of files to zip=^$GetValue("WinZip:Files2Zip")$}; %OpenZip%=^?{(T=D)Enter default path to open zip files=^$GetValue("WinZip:OpenZip")$}; %ExtractZip%=^?{(T=D)Enter default path to extract zip files=^$GetValue("WinZip:ExtractZip")$}; %Openini%=^?{Do you want to open the new or updated .ini file?==Yes^=1|_No^=}

      ^!SaveValue WinZip:WinZip=^%WinZip%
      ^!SaveValue WinZip:SaveZip=^%SaveZip%
      ^!SaveValue WinZip:Files2Zip=^%Files2Zip%
      ^!SaveValue WinZip:OpenZip=^%OpenZip%
      ^!SaveValue WinZip:ExtractZip=^%ExtractZip%
      ;^!SaveValue WinZip:SetupZip=1

      ^!IfTrue ^%Openini% Next Else End
      ^!Delay 3
      ^!Open ^$GetLibraryPath$NtbUsers.ini
      ^!Jump Doc_End
      ^!Find "[WinZip-ja]" SB

      Convert your eMail programs... Aid4Mail: http://www.fookes.us/aid4mail

      Freeware and Shareware; some seamleesly integrates with NoteTab:
      http://www.sojourner.us/software

    • Doug Offen
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2006
        Hello Jody and everyone.

        I have messed around with the DirStuf and searched through the help
        and looked at clips that have some common commands and come up with a
        couple of useful to me clips that work.

        This one works through each opened text file to set up title
        capiatalization, paragraph breaks and tightens the spacing then saves
        each file again.

        ;Activates the first document in the tab bar
        ^!Document First

        ;Beginning of loop
        :Start
        ;Ask if user wants to continue Clip
        ;^!Continue Next document is now current. Continue?
        ;^!SetDebug ON
        ;selects first line and makes sure it is capitalized
        ^!Keyboard Ctrl+Home
        ^!Keyboard Shift+End
        ^!Keyboard Shift+Ctrl+k
        ;goes to home then down 1 line adds return then selects to end
        ^!Keyboard Ctrl+Home
        ^!Keyboard down
        ^!Keyboard Enter
        ^!Keyboard Ctrl+Shift+end
        ;^!continue Takes our hard returns and substitutes double hard returns
        at end of ;paragraphs for selected text.
        ;^!SetDebug ON
        ;^!Check that text selected
        ;repaces double space with single space
        ^!Replace " " >> " " HAS
        ^!Replace " " >> " " HAS
        ^!Replace " " >> " " HAS
        ^!Replace " " >> " " HAS
        ^!Replace " " >> " " HAS
        ^!Replace " " >> " " HAS
        ^!Replace " " >> " " HAS
        ^!Replace "-^T" >> " " HAS
        ^!Replace "^T" >> " " HAS
        ;replaces space hard return with hard return
        ^!Replace " ^P" >> "^P" HAS
        ;replaces punctuation and return with marker and return
        ^!Replace "-^P" >> "NPP-^P" HAS
        ^!Replace ""^P" >> "NPP"^P" HAS
        ^!Replace ".^P" >> "NPP.^P" HAS
        ^!Replace "!^P" >> "NPP!^P" HAS
        ^!Replace "?^P" >> "NPP?^P" HAS
        ;replaces double hard returns with single
        ^!Replace "^P^P" >> "^P" HAS
        ;replaces single hard returns with space
        ^!Replace "^P" >> " " HAS
        ;replaces NPP markers with punctuation and double hard returns
        ^!Replace "NPP" " >> ""^P^P" HAS
        ^!Replace "NPP. " >> ".^P^P" HAS
        ^!Replace "NPP! " >> "!^P^P" HAS
        ^!Replace "NPP? " >> "?^P^P" HAS
        ^!Replace "NWP?" >> "?^P^P" HAS
        ^!Replace "NPP-" >> "-^P^P" HAS
        ^!Replace "^T" >> " " HAS
        ;removes any indentation
        ^!Menu Edit/Select All
        ^!Menu Modify/Lines/unindent
        ^!Menu Modify/Lines/unindent
        ^!Menu Modify/Lines/unindent
        ;^!Keyboard "Shift+Ctrl+I"

        ;^!Replace "" >> "" HAS copy of replace code
        ;...save document to original name
        ^!Keyboard "Ctrl+s"
        ;Activate this line instead of above line if you want it to be saved
        as another file name.
        ;^!Keyboard "Shift_Ctrl+s"
        ^!Jump Doc_Start
        ;Activates the next document in the tab bar
        ^!Document Next
        ;End Clip if an error condition was generated (i.e. no more documents
        after the current one)
        ^!IfError End
        ;Jump back to the start of the loop
        ^!GoTo Start

        -----------------

        Thanks for your help. I still don't know why or how most of the
        file/folder commands work but messing with already working codes gets
        some results.

        Doug Offen
      • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
          this might be a better start:
          ;Activates the first document in the tab bar
          ^!Document First
          ;^!SetDebug On

          ;Beginning of loop
          :Start
          ;selects first line and makes sure it is capitalized
          ^!Jump Doc_Start
          ^!Select Eol
          ^!Keyboard Shift+Ctrl+k
          ;goes to home then down 1 line adds return then selects to end
          ^!Jump Select_End
          ^!Keyboard Enter
          ^!Keyboard Ctrl+Shift+end

          I think you should avoid keyboard commands when there is an equivalent.
          Sometimes there is not of course.