Re: [Clip] Are there any clips to covert .doc to .txt?

  • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
    Message 1 of 3 , May 26, 2006
      The problem with this is that it must actually run MS Word successfully, and therefore why the
      delay.

      This clip is MS Word doc grab

      ^!FocusApp *Microsoft Word*
      ^!Delay 10
      ^!IfError GETPROG
      ^!KeyBoard Alt+K &5 CTRL+A &5 CTRL+C
      ^!Delay 10
      ^!FocusApp Note Tab Light*
      ^!Toolbar New Document
      ^!Menu Edit/Paste
      ^!GoTo FINALLY

      :GETPROG
      ^!Clip "MS Word"
      ^!Info Press when Word document found

      :FINALLY
      ^!FocusApp *Microsoft Word*
      ^!Delay 10
      ^!KeyBoard Alt+K &5 ALT+F &5 X
      ^!Delay 10
      ^!FocusApp Note Tab Light*

      :END

      This is the clip MS Word

      ^!Toolbar Copy All
      ^!Shell c:progra~1\micros~1\office\winword.exe
      ^!FocusApp Microsoft Word*

      Adrian Worsfold

      http://www.pluralist.co.uk
    • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
      Message 2 of 3 , May 26, 2006
        My clip - It does work, if the Word document is open - I notice that the backup find MS Word
        subroutine still needs to find it and the user gets the text visible before pressing OK

        Adrian Worsfold

        http://www.pluralist.co.uk
      • rpdooling
        Message 3 of 3 , May 26, 2006
          Several years ago, this still worked. It's a Word macro or template
          which will convert any directory of files from Word.docs to *.txt
          files. I have seen macros like this in several places. Just do some
          detailed google searches.

          http://tinyurl.com/l6a6b

          http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=http%3a%2f%2fwww.support.microsoft.com%2fkb%2f157094%2fen-us%2f

          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold