Re: [Clip] duplicated files

  • Alec Burgess(g)
    Message 1 of 2 , May 23, 2006
      Jeff:
      > Is there a way to build a clip that will search the computer for
      > duplicated files with identical mod dates, and eliminate all but one
      > copy of each?
      "To a man with only a hammer, everything looks like a nail" (Mark Twain)

      You might want to consider a purpose-built tool in this case.
      I've used and can recommend PCMag's:
      Dupeless 2: Track down duplicates and recover valuable disk space

      One caution you're probably very well aware of Jeff - be very careful before
      eliminating extra copies of .DLL's and any files from your Windows folder.

      (Anything more on this belongs on Notetab Offtopic list - unless of course
      someone actually has a clip to do this :-) )

      Regards ... Alec