duplicated files

  • Jeff Scism
    Message 1 of 1 , May 23, 2006
      Is there a way to build a clip that will search the computer for
      duplicated files with identical mod dates, and eliminate all but one
      copy of each?

      I find after many crashes and rebuilds from backed up data I end up with
      a lot of scattered duplicated text and html files. A memory killer in
      my case, since I am sure that perhaps half of my HD is duplicated in
      someway or another.

      I would much rather NOT keep having duplicated files and adding HD
      space if I can somehow delete the dups.

      --
      ~~

      Jeffery Scism,