Re: Clip wizards - Is there a way to bring up the file open box?

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 3 , May 11, 2006
      Hi Andreas,

      Notetab clips can deliver keystrokes to various apps using clips, but
      since the next clip command won't run until the user completes the
      clip wizard, that's not going to work here. You could have your clip
      assign and present a default file to open. Then the user could click
      OK instead of [...] and something would get opened.

      If you want to do more, read on.

      At one time (pretty long time ago) I integrated external script
      applications into some of my clips. In particular I used Powerpro and
      AutoIt.

      You can look at my Music and Video Player library which is posted in
      the files area of this group's Yahoo site. In that one, I used
      Powerpro to increase the window size of a clip wizard as well as
      deliver some keystrokes to it. Seems to me, if you named your file
      open wizard something unique, you could get Powerpro to automatically
      deliver a tab and enter to it.

      AutoIt was used in developing my Document History clips (also in our
      files area). An AutoIt script monitors and logs the files being
      edited in Notetab by reading the file name at the top of the Notetab
      Application Window. That log gets manipulated and accessed by Perl
      and by NoteTab clip commands. Don't remember if I specifically did
      anything with clip wizards and AutoIt, but I'm sure it would be
      possible.

      There are Yahoo groups for Powerpro and AutoIt and afaik they are
      both still very powerful freeware apps.

      Hope it helps,
      Sheri
    • Andreas Sumerauer