Re: Clip or Script to strip headings from a file

  • essinger2001
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2006
      Thanks again Sheri.

      You have been a great help! Also thanks for the reminder about the
      message wrapping the clip lines. I might have stumbled over that one.
      I have been able to do all that I wanted and more in my clip. I hope
      I can find more uses for the clip programming to force me to learn more.

      Jim

      > Hi Jim,
      >
      > Working with variables, your variable names will be surrounded with
      > percent signs. To get the value stored by a variable, prefix the
      > variable name with a caret.
      >
      > Prompting in clips is done with clip wizards. They follow a set format
      > (need to refer to the help file for clips).
      >
      > Hopefully the following example shows some basics you can use. You could
      > put in more edits on the date values, but I shouldn't think you would
      > need them assuming you'll be using the clip yourself.
      >
      > Let me know if you have any questions, there are a few comments in the
      > clip.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Sheri
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 7 , May 2, 2006
        Glad I could help. I'm sure you'll find many uses, clips are real
        timesavers even if they do take a bit of working out in the beginning.
        I would recommend experimenting with my clipcode syntax package. I had
        gotten a bit rusty writing clips myself, but with the clipcode syntax
        clip I was able to get right back into it.

        Take care,
        Sheri

        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "essinger2001" <Dilbernator@...>