Re: Clip or Script to strip headings from a file

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2006
      Jim, Be careful when you copy and paste a clip. Each command needs to
      be on one line. Word wrapping can cause lines to wrap on Yahoo (think
      this happened on my latest example). In general, every line in a clip
      begins with a caret or a semicolon (otherwise it is text that gets
      entered into the current document).

      Sheri
    • essinger2001
      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2006
        Thanks again Sheri.

        You have been a great help! Also thanks for the reminder about the
        message wrapping the clip lines. I might have stumbled over that one.
        I have been able to do all that I wanted and more in my clip. I hope
        I can find more uses for the clip programming to force me to learn more.

        Jim

        > Hi Jim,
        >
        > Working with variables, your variable names will be surrounded with
        > percent signs. To get the value stored by a variable, prefix the
        > variable name with a caret.
        >
        > Prompting in clips is done with clip wizards. They follow a set format
        > (need to refer to the help file for clips).
        >
        > Hopefully the following example shows some basics you can use. You could
        > put in more edits on the date values, but I shouldn't think you would
        > need them assuming you'll be using the clip yourself.
        >
        > Let me know if you have any questions, there are a few comments in the
        > clip.
        >
        > Regards,
        > Sheri
      • Sheri
        Message 3 of 7 , May 2, 2006
          Glad I could help. I'm sure you'll find many uses, clips are real
          timesavers even if they do take a bit of working out in the beginning.
          I would recommend experimenting with my clipcode syntax package. I had
          gotten a bit rusty writing clips myself, but with the clipcode syntax
          clip I was able to get right back into it.

          Take care,
          Sheri

          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "essinger2001" <Dilbernator@...>