Accessing outline topics

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2006
      I saw a few recent messages about clips and outlines. Just thought I
      would mention that there is a clip in my Clipcode Syntax package for
      accessing topics in outlines (also works for accessing clips in clip
      libraries or clipbars). It gives a several options for what to do
      with the outline text (such as display it or enter it into the
      current document; if its a clip from a clip library or clipbar you
      can run it).

      If you leave the keyword string blank it will let you choose from all
      of the selected file's topics (or clips). Otherwise you can enter
      something from the desired header as a keyword, and then choose from
      the headers that include that text (if there was more than one).

      The clip is called "Retrieve Clip or Topic".

      The clips are in a replacement file for cliphelp.clh (one of the
      files found in Notetab's main directory (make a backup of your
      original). Read the instructions to make sure you install it and the
      other files (including a clip library, clipbar, and outline file)
      correctly.

      Another of the included clips, "ClipCode Syntax 4.02" helps you write
      correctly formatted clip commands. Again, be sure to read the
      instructions.