Re: Process variable versus document ^!Replace

  • abairheart
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 13, 2006
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Bob Gorman <bgorman@...> wrote:

      > Don & Alan,
      >
      > Thank you both.
      > I knew I could as you both suggest create a new document and do the
      work
      > there, but it just seemed like there might be a more elegant way.

      I'm not sure what NoteTab versions y'all are using, but Pro has a
      string repace function, which will search the string for a substring,
      and replace it. You CAN use a variable for each of these arguments:

      ^$StrReplace("long string";"short string";"very long string";0;0)$

      I.e.

      ^!Set %VLS%=Very long string
      ^!Set %ls%=long string; %ss%=short string
      ^!Set %VLS%=^$StrReplace("^%ls%";"^%ss%";"^%vls%";0;0)$
      ^!Info ^%vls%

      Abair