[Clip] Re: view options advance

    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 28, 1999
      Hi [Manuel],

      > Application Directory: Only use this field if you have placed
      > the NoteTab program file in a different directory from its
      > support files (Help, dictionaries, settings, etc.).

      > Which files have to put in c:\filesprogram\notetab

      Keep your main NoteTab folder and its files there.

      The Dictionaries folder can be left there, but you will need to
      reconfigure the Spell Checker.

      Templates can be left.

      Documents can be left there, but ^$GetDocumentPath$ will not
      work.

      Sounds can be left there, but ^$GetSoundPath$ will not work.

      I did not check Scripts and Samples, but I suspect they will need
      to be on the d: drive as well.

      > and which in d:\libraries

      d:\Libraries\
      d:\Favorites\
      d:\Scripts\
      d:\Samples\

      In Options | Advanced set the Application Directory to "D:\"
      without the quotes. I did not check putting the right on the
      drive like that but it should work. If not, on d: drive make a
      folder called something original like NoteTab <g> and put all the
      folders in it.

      d:\MyTabs\Libraries\
      d:\MyTabs\Favorites\
      d:\MyTabs\Scripts\
      d:\MyTabs\Samples\

      In my last post I said I believed it was all or none and that is
      really what is intended to be done. The way Help reads above
      normally you would move NotePro.exe (or NoteTab.exe) somewhere
      other than all the other files, then set the app dir to where all
      the support files were left.

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      The NoteTab Clip List...
      mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
    • [Manuel]
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 11, 1999
        How can I make a info windows with 60 characteres per line and a
        several lines.

        This will be similar to:

        ---------- ¬
        Info. Help |
        ---------- charater 60 ---->*
        Close document ---> Ctrl+F4
        etc

        [ok]
        --------------------------------

        The problem is that when I see the window I have to clic in the left
        border of the window.

        Can I say the size of the windows in characteres

        If i use:

        ^!INFO:[L]bla,bla,bla ............... bla

        I would like the size there ------------->

        I don't want wordwrap in info windows, and another problem is that I
        have to resize the windows because it's not for a large text. The idea
        is use a info clip for quickly helps about diferents ideas.

        I launch info clic
        Press <Esc> to close windows
        etc..
        -
        **
        Manuel Pérez, desde Murcia (Spain)
      • Kay Roath
        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 11, 1999
          10/11/1999 9:42 AM [Manuel] wrote

          > How can I make a info windows with 60 characteres per line and a
          > several lines.
          > Can I say the size of the windows in characteres

          ^!SetWizardTitle "^$StrFill("-";60)$"

          NoteTab has a maximum with that's about 3/4 of the screen.
          If you use a number larger than the max, it's ok.

          ^!SetWizardTitle "^$GetClipName$ ^$StrFill("_";200)$"
          would give you an info box with the current clip name +
          enough chrs to make the Info box as wide as it can be.

          SetWizardTitle doesn't work with information clips
          H=";Formatted text clip"
          and you need to use a space in front of the name of a clip
          that starts with ;
          H="Show Text in Info Clip"
          ^!Set %info%=" Formatted text clip"
          ^!SetWizardTitle "^%info%" ^$StrFill("_";200)$
          ^!Info [L] ^$GetClipText(^%info%)$

          You can't set the height of an Info box & you can't start it
          maximized. Maybe one day we'll have
          ^!Info [L;#of cols;#of rows]

          --- Grandma Kay ---
        • [Manuel]
          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 11, 1999
            Mon, 11 Oct 1999 14:04:32 -0700:

            [Manuel]
            >> Can I say the size of the windows in characteres
            [Kay]
            >^!SetWizardTitle "^$StrFill("-";60)$"

            [Manuel]
            Ok, it's works ok. Thanks.
            I use it for help about things. And I love it press <Esc> to close it.

            -
            **
            Manuel Pérez, desde Murcia (Spain)