Re: Need help with RegExpr for Find and Replace in Table attributes

  • abairheart
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6, 2006
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Wiz Feinberg" <wizcrafts@...>
      wrote:

      > I need a RegExpr to use in a search and replace box to run on each
      of
      > these problems, to fix them on an entire page. So far, all I came up
      > with for the find field is:
      > Which finds and highlights the entire table tag.
      >
      > I don't know how to address the replace field so that it will
      include

      > <TABLE height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=650
      > align=center background=images/bg.gif border=0>

      I'd suggest you look up HTML clip code in the NoteTab help to begin
      with.

      Combined with Find, and select, you could find the entire tag and
      extract a given attribute without using a regexp.

      THEN you could use RegExp in an IfMatch command to extract the
      desired value, and reassemble the netire tag and paste it back over
      the selected tab.

      There are a lot of details in this, and your going to have to deal
      with them individually.

      Abair.
    • Don Daugherty
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 16, 2006
        Wiz Feinberg wrote:

        >For example, here is a table tag that I need to alter:
        >
        ><TABLE height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=650
        >align=center background=images/bg.gif border=0>
        >
        >In this instance I will need to remove the entire height attribute,
        >convert the background attribute to an inline style, and add a summary
        >attribute. I also want to make all attributes lowercase. The finished
        >tag would be like this:

        >style="background-image:url(images/bg.gif)" border="0" summary="Layout
        >table">
        >
        >On other tables I only need to add the summary to the end of the
        >attributes.

        Here are a few ideas, indicating the Clip commands you would want to
        read-up on in order to automate your task.

        To select the entire <table ...> tag us this:
        ^!Find "<table" IS
        ^!Select HtmlTag
        Having select the tag, you can perform the requred search/replace
        commands, for example
        ^!Replace "height=[^\s]+\s" >> "" RHIS
        Notes:
        1. The R indicates the use of a regular expression.
        2. The \s stands for a space;
        3. The cryptic construction [^\s] means any character BUT the space;
        4. The + means one or more instances of the preceding character.
        5. Thus the ^!Replace command looks within the selected text for
        "height=" followed immediately followed by one or more non-space
        character, such as "100%", and a space, and it replaces the combination
        with a null string ("").

        To add a summary at the end use something like
        ^!Replace ">" >> "summary="whatever is appropriate">" HS