Renaming mp3s

  • dvdwriters12
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5, 2006
      I have a lots of mp3s. They are from a long time ago.. so no tag data.
      Anyway they are labelled 1.mp3 to 150.mp3

      The file names are in a file called title.txt in correct order so how
      to get the titles out of the file and rename them ?
    • Hugo Paulissen
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 6, 2006
        > I have a lots of mp3s. They are from a long time ago.. so no tag
        data.
        > Anyway they are labelled 1.mp3 to 150.mp3
        >
        > The file names are in a file called title.txt in correct order so how
        > to get the titles out of the file and rename them ?

        I'd go for another solution - NoteTab may still be involved to reformat
        (?) the original txt-file...

        Use Mp3tag (www.mp3tag.de), which has a feature to tag files based on a
        textfile (Convert \ Taglist-File - Tags). Do that once and then rename
        your files (with the same tool: Convert \ Tag - Filename).

        Hugo