[Clip] view options advance

  • [Manuel]
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 28, 1999
      I don't understand :-(

      menu: view / options / advance.

      Application Directory: Only use this field if you have placed the
      NoteTab program file in a different directory from its support files
      (Help, dictionaries, settings, etc.).

      I want to put the program in c:\filesprogram\notetab

      and the libraries in
      d:\libraries

      Can somebody help me ?

      Which files have to put in c:\filesprogram\notetab

      and which in d:\libraries

      I know that it's insual but I work on this manner

      -
      **
      Manuel Pérez, desde Murcia (Spain)
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 28, 1999
        Hi [Manuel],

        > Application Directory: Only use this field if you have placed
        > the NoteTab program file in a different directory from its
        > support files (Help, dictionaries, settings, etc.).

        > Which files have to put in c:\filesprogram\notetab

        Keep your main NoteTab folder and its files there.

        The Dictionaries folder can be left there, but you will need to
        reconfigure the Spell Checker.

        Templates can be left.

        Documents can be left there, but ^$GetDocumentPath$ will not
        work.

        Sounds can be left there, but ^$GetSoundPath$ will not work.

        I did not check Scripts and Samples, but I suspect they will need
        to be on the d: drive as well.

        > and which in d:\libraries

        d:\Libraries\
        d:\Favorites\
        d:\Scripts\
        d:\Samples\

        In Options | Advanced set the Application Directory to "D:\"
        without the quotes. I did not check putting the right on the
        drive like that but it should work. If not, on d: drive make a
        folder called something original like NoteTab <g> and put all the
        folders in it.

        d:\MyTabs\Libraries\
        d:\MyTabs\Favorites\
        d:\MyTabs\Scripts\
        d:\MyTabs\Samples\

        In my last post I said I believed it was all or none and that is
        really what is intended to be done. The way Help reads above
        normally you would move NotePro.exe (or NoteTab.exe) somewhere
        other than all the other files, then set the app dir to where all
        the support files were left.

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Clip List...
        mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
      • [Manuel]
        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 11, 1999
          How can I make a info windows with 60 characteres per line and a
          several lines.

          This will be similar to:

          ---------- ¬
          Info. Help |
          ---------- charater 60 ---->*
          Close document ---> Ctrl+F4
          etc

          [ok]
          --------------------------------

          The problem is that when I see the window I have to clic in the left
          border of the window.

          Can I say the size of the windows in characteres

          If i use:

          ^!INFO:[L]bla,bla,bla ............... bla

          I would like the size there ------------->

          I don't want wordwrap in info windows, and another problem is that I
          have to resize the windows because it's not for a large text. The idea
          is use a info clip for quickly helps about diferents ideas.

          I launch info clic
          Press <Esc> to close windows
          etc..
          -
          **
          Manuel Pérez, desde Murcia (Spain)
        • Kay Roath
          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 11, 1999
            10/11/1999 9:42 AM [Manuel] wrote

            > How can I make a info windows with 60 characteres per line and a
            > several lines.
            > Can I say the size of the windows in characteres

            ^!SetWizardTitle "^$StrFill("-";60)$"

            NoteTab has a maximum with that's about 3/4 of the screen.
            If you use a number larger than the max, it's ok.

            ^!SetWizardTitle "^$GetClipName$ ^$StrFill("_";200)$"
            would give you an info box with the current clip name +
            enough chrs to make the Info box as wide as it can be.

            SetWizardTitle doesn't work with information clips
            H=";Formatted text clip"
            and you need to use a space in front of the name of a clip
            that starts with ;
            H="Show Text in Info Clip"
            ^!Set %info%=" Formatted text clip"
            ^!SetWizardTitle "^%info%" ^$StrFill("_";200)$
            ^!Info [L] ^$GetClipText(^%info%)$

            You can't set the height of an Info box & you can't start it
            maximized. Maybe one day we'll have
            ^!Info [L;#of cols;#of rows]

            --- Grandma Kay ---
          • [Manuel]
            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 11, 1999
              Mon, 11 Oct 1999 14:04:32 -0700:

              [Manuel]
              >> Can I say the size of the windows in characteres
              [Kay]
              >^!SetWizardTitle "^$StrFill("-";60)$"

              [Manuel]
              Ok, it's works ok. Thanks.
              I use it for help about things. And I love it press <Esc> to close it.

              -
              **
              Manuel Pérez, desde Murcia (Spain)