Re: [Clip] Changing text case within HTML tag

  • rickah
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 25, 2006
      Don,
      Thanks so much for your help with my questions about UPPER/lower
      case and ordinal dates. You did quite a bit of work in a short time,
      and your willingness to help with those things is very much
      appreciated.

      I stumbled across a code that I've been able to make work for my
      purpose:

      :Step1
      ^!Find [A-Z][A-Z][A-Z]* ACHRS
      ^!Set %UC%=^$StrUpper(^$GetSelection$)$
      ^!Set %LC%=^$StrLower(^$GetSelection$)$
      ^!If ^%LC% >2 GoTo Step2 Else End

      :Step2
      ^!InsertHTML \map="^%LC%"="^%UC"\
      ^!GoTo Step1

      This particular example adds a \map...\ tag so that the plain text
      can be read properly by a text-to-speech reader; lowercase is read
      aloud, but uppercase is shown. Any tags can be used; using <span
      style...small-caps;>^%LC%</span> makes the text read properly on web
      pages while displaying as intended. (I have not tested this
      extensively.)

      Yours,
      R ¡ ( /<
      Omaha, Nebraska, USA

      ==============================

      ;*** Effort by Don Passenger
      ;*** don at htmlfixit dot com
      ;*** discuss things live in chat at http://htmlfixit.com
      ;*** donations welcome at http://htmlfixit.com
      ;this clip will make all content between span tags
      ;lowercase except that first character of string
      ;is not affected
      ;posted at: http://htmlfixit.com/blog/?p=352

      ;go to start of document
      ^!Jump Doc_Start

      ;line 53 including all blanks and comments