RE: [Clip] ClipWizard - enlarge window

  • Wright, John - Textron Financial
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 3, 2006
      Thanks anyhow.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: hsavage [mailto:hsavage@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 8:53 AM
      To: ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Clip] ClipWizard - enlarge window

      Wright, John - Textron Financial wrote:
      > Charles,
      >
      > I tried your method (see code below) and it did not widen the window. The
      > data in the window and the wizard title were truncated.
      >
      > ^!SetWizardTitle ^$StrFill("<>";8)$ Select the decode file to copy
      > ^$StrFill("<>";8)$
      > ^!Set %filelist%=^$GetFiles("^%path%";*.*;*;NAME)$
      > ^!SetListDelimiter |^%select%
      > ^!SetArray %FileArray%=^?{(H=12;T=A)Select the decodes to be
      > copied!==^%filelist%}

      John,

      An excerpt, or 2, from previous emails;

      <>··········Excerpt 1··········<>
      Raimund,

      Opinions may vary, mine is, the only way to enlarge a CLIP WIZARD
      horizontally is to click and drag (the left or right) border to your
      preferred width.
      <>··········End··········<>

      <>··········Excerpt 2··········<>
      Although, the method you describe, which I use also, works fine in an
      ^!Info [L], ^!Continue, or, ^!Prompt box it doesn't work, at least never
      for me, in a clip Wizard.
      <>··········End··········<>

      Sorry, but I first started looking for the answer you're seeking 2 or 3
      years ago, still haven't found a way, other than in the first excerpt.

      ºvº
      06.03.01_07.28
      -Newspaper HeadLine...
      "Air Head Fired"
      hrs ø hsavage@...

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • funkysmama
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 3, 2006
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jeffery Scism <scismgenie@...> wrote:
        <snip>
        > Yes I have EXcel, Microsoft Works suite and Open Office, I searched
        > the help files and could not find a combine columns procedure, I
        could
        > find "jion cells, but with 8,000 lines it was tedious. I manually
        worked
        > around iy by doing double replacements on the columns I wanted to
        keep
        > then replacing back to delimiters when I had done the replacement.

        There's no procedure per se, but this formula:

        =CONCATENATE(A1,",",B1)

        when combined with an export to tab-delimited file might have been the
        most straightforward.