RE: [Clip] ClipWizard - enlarge window

  • Wright, John - Textron Financial
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 1, 2006
      Charles,

      I tried your method (see code below) and it did not widen the window. The
      data in the window and the wizard title were truncated.

      ^!SetWizardTitle ^$StrFill("<>";8)$ Select the decode file to copy
      ^$StrFill("<>";8)$
      ^!Set %filelist%=^$GetFiles("^%path%";*.*;*;NAME)$
      ^!SetListDelimiter |^%select%
      ^!SetArray %FileArray%=^?{(H=12;T=A)Select the decodes to be
      copied!==^%filelist%}

      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 1, 2006
        Wright, John - Textron Financial wrote:
        > Charles,
        >
        > I tried your method (see code below) and it did not widen the window. The
        > data in the window and the wizard title were truncated.
        >
        > ^!SetWizardTitle ^$StrFill("<>";8)$ Select the decode file to copy
        > ^$StrFill("<>";8)$
        > ^!Set %filelist%=^$GetFiles("^%path%";*.*;*;NAME)$
        > ^!SetListDelimiter |^%select%
        > ^!SetArray %FileArray%=^?{(H=12;T=A)Select the decodes to be
        > copied!==^%filelist%}

        John,

        An excerpt, or 2, from previous emails;

        <>··········Excerpt 1··········<>
        Raimund,

        Opinions may vary, mine is, the only way to enlarge a CLIP WIZARD
        horizontally is to click and drag (the left or right) border to your
        preferred width.
        <>··········End··········<>

        <>··········Excerpt 2··········<>
        Although, the method you describe, which I use also, works fine in an
        ^!Info [L], ^!Continue, or, ^!Prompt box it doesn't work, at least never
        for me, in a clip Wizard.
        <>··········End··········<>

        Sorry, but I first started looking for the answer you're seeking 2 or 3
        years ago, still haven't found a way, other than in the first excerpt.

        ºvº
        06.03.01_07.28
        -Newspaper HeadLine...
        "Air Head Fired"
        hrs ø hsavage@...
      • funkysmama
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 1, 2006
          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jeff <scismgenie@...> wrote:

          > looking for a REGEX clip that will search out the first ^T in each
          line
          > of a text file and convert it to a comma followed by a space. (really
          > want to combine columns in a table, from a surname and first name
          column
          > into a surname, first in a single column.) the third and fourth
          columns
          > in the same table, same story)
          >
          > (Want 5 columns reduced to three) see
          > (http://www.rootsweb.com/~inmontgo/marriages/pre-1850.htm)
          >
          > THANKS
          >
          > Jeff Scism

          I gather you've already found a workaround, but to answer your original
          question:

          Find: ^{[^\t]*}\t{[^\t]*\t[^\t]*}\t{.*}
          Replace: \1, \2, \3

          I do have to ask, do you have access to Excel? It's probably the tool I
          would have used for this task.

        • Jeffery Scism
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 1, 2006
            funkysmama wrote:

            >--- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jeff <scismgenie@...> wrote:
            >

            >>looking for a REGEX clip that will search out the first ^T in each
            >>

            >line
            >

            >>of a text file and convert it to a comma followed by a space. (really

            >>want to combine columns in a table, from a surname and first name
            >>

            >column
            >

            >>into a surname, first in a single column.) the third and fourth
            >>

            >columns
            >

            >>in the same table, same story)
            >>
            >>(Want 5 columns reduced to three) see
            >>(http://www.rootsweb.com/~inmontgo/marriages/pre-1850.htm)
            >>
            >>THANKS
            >>
            >>Jeff Scism
            >>

            >I gather you've already found a workaround, but to answer your original
            >question:
            >
            >Find: ^{[^\t]*}\t{[^\t]*\t[^\t]*}\t{.*}
            >Replace: \1, \2, \3
            >
            >I do have to ask, do you have access to Excel? It's probably the tool I
            >would have used for this task.

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

            Yes I have EXcel, Microsoft Works suite and Open Office, I searched
            the help files and could not find a combine columns procedure, I could
            find "jion cells, but with 8,000 lines it was tedious. I manually worked
            around iy by doing double replacements on the columns I wanted to keep
            then replacing back to delimiters when I had done the replacement.

          • Wright, John - Textron Financial
            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 3, 2006
              Thanks anyhow.

              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 3, 2006
                --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jeffery Scism <scismgenie@...> wrote:
                <snip>
                > Yes I have EXcel, Microsoft Works suite and Open Office, I searched
                > the help files and could not find a combine columns procedure, I
                could
                > find "jion cells, but with 8,000 lines it was tedious. I manually
                worked
                > around iy by doing double replacements on the columns I wanted to
                keep
                > then replacing back to delimiters when I had done the replacement.

                There's no procedure per se, but this formula:

                =CONCATENATE(A1,",",B1)

                when combined with an export to tab-delimited file might have been the
                most straightforward.