ClipWizard - enlarge window

  • bubblefisch2002
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 19, 2006
      Hello group,

      I am doing a littel bit of clip programming. In one of my clip I use
      the clip wizard to show me some data which I want to select. The data-
      strings are too long so I can't see all of it in the default window. Is
      there a way to enlarge the window by default?

      Thanks, Raimund.
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 19, 2006
        bubblefisch2002 wrote:
        > Hello group,
        >
        > I am doing a littel bit of clip programming. In one of my clip I use
        > the clip wizard to show me some data which I want to select. The data-
        > strings are too long so I can't see all of it in the default window. Is
        > there a way to enlarge the window by default?
        >
        > Thanks, Raimund.

        Raimund,

        Opinions may vary, mine is, the only way to enlarge a clip wizard
        horizontally is to click and drag (the left or right) border to your
        preferred width.

        Maybe later in, the long-awaited, Version 5. Apparently the 'input
        control' of the current is running at, or near, maximum efficiency and
        cosmetics are close to impossible.

        Programmable dimensions for Wizard inputs are one of the many features I
        would like to see.

        ºvº
        06.02.19
        "How can you make holy water at home? You boil the hell out of it."
        hrs ø hsavage@...
      • Charles M. Raine
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 19, 2006
          Hi Raimund:

          Yes, there is a way by using something like the following:

          ; A long Line
          ^!SetWizardTitle ^$StrFill("<>";8)$ Display Libraries with Clip Names in
          Each ^$StrFill("<>";8)$
          ; End long line.

          The above statement creates a long heading window like this:

          <><><><><><><><> Display Libraries with Clip Names in Each <><><><><><><><>

          The ^$StrFill("<>";8)$ (in this case generates 8 pairs of <>) For a longer
          heading just increase the 8, to whatever you want. The following Info
          statement generates multiple lines of detail in the large window.

          ^!Info [L]Total Clipbook Libraries: ^%Cnt%^pTotal Clipbooks Selected:
          ^%Count%^pTotal Clips: ^%Clips%^P^%info%

          Charlie
          Charles M. Raine,
          Winnipeg. MB R3P 0W3

          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 19, 2006
            Charles M. Raine wrote:
            > Hi Raimund:
            >
            > Yes, there is a way by using something like the following:
            >
            > ; A long Line
            > ^!SetWizardTitle ^$StrFill("<>";8)$ Display Libraries with Clip Names in
            > Each ^$StrFill("<>";8)$
            > ; End long line.
            >
            > The above statement creates a long heading window like this:
            >
            > <><><><><><><><> Display Libraries with Clip Names in Each
            <><><><><><><><>

            > The ^$StrFill("<>";8)$ (in this case generates 8 pairs of <>) For a
            longer
            > heading just increase the 8, to whatever you want. The following Info
            > statement generates multiple lines of detail in the large window.
            >
            > ^!Info [L]Total Clipbook Libraries: ^%Cnt%^pTotal Clipbooks Selected:
            > ^%Count%^pTotal Clips: ^%Clips%^P^%info%
            >
            > Charlie
            > Charles M. Raine,
            > Winnipeg. MB R3P 0W3
            >
            > On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 11:47:13 -0000, bubblefisch2002 wrote:
            >> Hello group,
            >>
            >> I am doing a litte bit of clip programming. In one of my clip I use the
            >> clip wizard to show me some data which I want to select.

            >> The data-strings are too long so I can't see all of it in the
            >> default window. Is there a way to enlarge the window by default?

            Charles, Raimund,

            One of us misunderstood, I think Raimund is asking about a Clip Wizard
            in which selections can be made.

            Although, the method you describe, which I use also, works fine in an
            ^!Info [L], ^!Continue, or, ^!Prompt box it doesn't work, at least never
            for me, in a clip Wizard.

            ºvº
            06.02.19
            "How can you make holy water at home? You boil the hell out of it."
            hrs ø hsavage@...
          • Jeff
            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 19, 2006
              looking for a REGEX clip that will search out the first ^T in each line
              of a text file and convert it to a comma followed by a space. (really I
              want to combine columns in a table, from a surname and first name column
              into a surname, first in a single column.) the third and fourth columns
              in the same table, same story)

              (Want 5 columns reduced to three) see
              (http://www.rootsweb.com/~inmontgo/marriages/pre-1850.htm)

              THANKS

              Jeff Scism
            • Alan
              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 19, 2006
                On Sunday 19 February 2006 18:25, Jeff wrote:
                > looking for a REGEX clip that will search out the first ^T in each line
                > of a text file and convert it to a comma followed by a space. (really I
                > want to combine columns in a table, from a surname and first name column
                > into a surname, first in a single column.) the third and fourth columns
                > in the same table, same story)
                >
                > (Want 5 columns reduced to three) see
                > (http://www.rootsweb.com/~inmontgo/marriages/pre-1850.htm)

                surname, forename<tab>spouse, forename

                ; untested rough draft clip next. check over the syntax as it may contain
                minor syntax errors.

                ^!Jump DOC_START
                :A_do_while
                ^!Set %trackr%=0
                :B_do_while
                ^!Inc %trackr%
                ^!Find "^t" ISH
                ^!IfError err
                ^!If ^%trackr%=2 Skip
                ^!Replace "^$getselection$" ", " IS
                ^!If ^%trackr%=>3 Skip
                ^!Goto B_do_while
                ; check here for end of doc
                ; if at end of doc, exit clip
                ^!Jump +1
                ^!Goto A_do_while
                :err
                ^!Info tab not found
                ; --- end --

                Or you might try a tagged match regex. but due to the per each line greed
                issue, it may not work.

                Something similar/akin to:

                Replace "^{.+}^t{.+}^t{.+}^t" >> "/1, /2^t/3, " ISRWA

                yet more ideas:

                1. $getfield$ function works with tab delimited files, Jody has some already
                completed clips/libraries.

                2. split line on tabs into array. iterate array, spit back out each content
                along with whatever you want in between each content from the array.

                --
                Alan.
              • hsavage
                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 20, 2006
                  Jeff wrote:
                  > looking for a REGEX clip that will search out the first ^T in each line
                  > of a text file and convert it to a comma followed by a space. (really I
                  > want to combine columns in a table, from a surname and first name column
                  > into a surname, first in a single column.) the third and fourth columns
                  > in the same table, same story)
                  >
                  > (Want 5 columns reduced to three) see
                  > (http://www.rootsweb.com/~inmontgo/marriages/pre-1850.htm)
                  >
                  > THANKS
                  >
                  > Jeff Scism

                  Jeff,

                  I'm sure this can be done with clips, regex, or both but, there's a free
                  csv data program named CSVED. This is the download link for it. It was
                  recently upgraded, it's a nice little program.

                  http://home.hccnet.nl/s.j.francke/software/software.htm

                  I know it works, I copied the data from the page you gave and used CSVED
                  to accomplish your requirements with a minimum of trouble. The most
                  trouble was correcting about 10 records that didn't have enough tab
                  separators

                  ºvº
                  06.02.19
                  "How do crazy people go through the forest? They take the psycho-path."
                  hrs ø hsavage@...
                • Jeff Scism
                  Message 8 of 16 , Feb 20, 2006
                    Thanks,

                    I finally did it semi-manually. I opened the HTML file in Composer,
                    added columns after the places where I needed to separate the columns,
                    then substituted *** for the doucle <TD? tags, and the Substituted ', '
                    for the remaining tags, then resubbed the *** back to <TD> tags.

                    hsavage wrote:
                    > Jeff wrote:
                    > > looking for a REGEX clip that will search out the first ^T in each line
                    > > of a text file and convert it to a comma followed by a space. (really I
                    > > want to combine columns in a table, from a surname and first name column
                    > > into a surname, first in a single column.) the third and fourth columns
                    > > in the same table, same story)
                    > >
                    > > (Want 5 columns reduced to three) see
                    > > (http://www.rootsweb.com/~inmontgo/marriages/pre-1850.htm)
                    > >
                    > > THANKS
                    > >
                    > > Jeff Scism
                    >
                    > Jeff,
                    >
                    > I'm sure this can be done with clips, regex, or both but, there's a free
                    > csv data program named CSVED. This is the download link for it. It was
                    > recently upgraded, it's a nice little program.
                    >
                    > http://home.hccnet.nl/s.j.francke/software/software.htm
                    >
                    > I know it works, I copied the data from the page you gave and used CSVED
                    > to accomplish your requirements with a minimum of trouble. The most
                    > trouble was correcting about 10 records that didn't have enough tab
                    > separators
                    >
                    > ºvº
                    > 06.02.19
                    > "How do crazy people go through the forest? They take the psycho-path."
                    > hrs ø hsavage@...

                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • dave
                    Message 9 of 16 , Feb 24, 2006
                      Hi
                      just had a look a the page and the heading appeared straight away but the
                      table took forever , why don't you split the table into 2 or 3 tables it
                      will load quicker ???
                      THANKYOU DAVE M

                      > looking for a REGEX clip that will search out the first ^T in each line
                      > of a text file and convert it to a comma followed by a space. (really I
                      > want to combine columns in a table, from a surname and first name column
                      > into a surname, first in a single column.) the third and fourth columns
                      > in the same table, same story)
                      >
                      > (Want 5 columns reduced to three) see
                      > (http://www.rootsweb.com/~inmontgo/marriages/pre-1850.htm)
                      >
                      > THANKS
                      >
                      > Jeff Scism

                      > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    • Jeffery Scism
                      Message 10 of 16 , Feb 24, 2006
                        dave wrote:

                        >Hi
                        >just had a look a the page and the heading appeared straight away but the
                        >table took forever , why don't you split the table into 2 or 3 tables it
                        >will load quicker ???
                        > THANKYOU DAVE M

                        That is the draft page, it will be 26 alphabetically separated "index"
                        pages when finished. ( I am combining it into the existing ones by
                        merge/sort, but the Dates are still scrambled in format)

                        Jeff
                      • Wright, John - Textron Financial
                        Message 11 of 16 , Mar 1, 2006
                          Charles,

                          I tried your method (see code below) and it did not widen the window. The
                          data in the window and the wizard title were truncated.

                          ^!SetWizardTitle ^$StrFill("<>";8)$ Select the decode file to copy
                          ^$StrFill("<>";8)$
                          ^!Set %filelist%=^$GetFiles("^%path%";*.*;*;NAME)$
                          ^!SetListDelimiter |^%select%
                          ^!SetArray %FileArray%=^?{(H=12;T=A)Select the decodes to be
                          copied!==^%filelist%}

                          Message 12 of 16 , Mar 1, 2006
                            Wright, John - Textron Financial wrote:
                            > Charles,
                            >
                            > I tried your method (see code below) and it did not widen the window. The
                            > data in the window and the wizard title were truncated.
                            >
                            > ^!SetWizardTitle ^$StrFill("<>";8)$ Select the decode file to copy
                            > ^$StrFill("<>";8)$
                            > ^!Set %filelist%=^$GetFiles("^%path%";*.*;*;NAME)$
                            > ^!SetListDelimiter |^%select%
                            > ^!SetArray %FileArray%=^?{(H=12;T=A)Select the decodes to be
                            > copied!==^%filelist%}

                            John,

                            An excerpt, or 2, from previous emails;

                            <>··········Excerpt 1··········<>
                            Raimund,

                            Opinions may vary, mine is, the only way to enlarge a CLIP WIZARD
                            horizontally is to click and drag (the left or right) border to your
                            preferred width.
                            <>··········End··········<>

                            <>··········Excerpt 2··········<>
                            Although, the method you describe, which I use also, works fine in an
                            ^!Info [L], ^!Continue, or, ^!Prompt box it doesn't work, at least never
                            for me, in a clip Wizard.
                            <>··········End··········<>

                            Sorry, but I first started looking for the answer you're seeking 2 or 3
                            years ago, still haven't found a way, other than in the first excerpt.

                            ºvº
                            06.03.01_07.28
                            -Newspaper HeadLine...
                            "Air Head Fired"
                            hrs ø hsavage@...
                          • funkysmama
                            Message 13 of 16 , Mar 1, 2006
                              --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jeff <scismgenie@...> wrote:

                              > looking for a REGEX clip that will search out the first ^T in each
                              line
                              > of a text file and convert it to a comma followed by a space. (really
                              > want to combine columns in a table, from a surname and first name
                              column
                              > into a surname, first in a single column.) the third and fourth
                              columns
                              > in the same table, same story)
                              >
                              > (Want 5 columns reduced to three) see
                              > (http://www.rootsweb.com/~inmontgo/marriages/pre-1850.htm)
                              >
                              > THANKS
                              >
                              > Jeff Scism

                              I gather you've already found a workaround, but to answer your original
                              question:

                              Find: ^{[^\t]*}\t{[^\t]*\t[^\t]*}\t{.*}
                              Replace: \1, \2, \3

                              I do have to ask, do you have access to Excel? It's probably the tool I
                              would have used for this task.

                            • Jeffery Scism
                              Message 14 of 16 , Mar 1, 2006
                                funkysmama wrote:

                                >--- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jeff <scismgenie@...> wrote:
                                >

                                >>looking for a REGEX clip that will search out the first ^T in each
                                >>

                                >line
                                >

                                >>of a text file and convert it to a comma followed by a space. (really

                                >>want to combine columns in a table, from a surname and first name
                                >>

                                >column
                                >

                                >>into a surname, first in a single column.) the third and fourth
                                >>

                                >columns
                                >

                                >>in the same table, same story)
                                >>
                                >>(Want 5 columns reduced to three) see
                                >>(http://www.rootsweb.com/~inmontgo/marriages/pre-1850.htm)
                                >>
                                >>THANKS
                                >>
                                >>Jeff Scism
                                >>

                                >I gather you've already found a workaround, but to answer your original
                                >question:
                                >
                                >Find: ^{[^\t]*}\t{[^\t]*\t[^\t]*}\t{.*}
                                >Replace: \1, \2, \3
                                >
                                >I do have to ask, do you have access to Excel? It's probably the tool I
                                >would have used for this task.

                                >Yahoo! Groups Links

                                Yes I have EXcel, Microsoft Works suite and Open Office, I searched
                                the help files and could not find a combine columns procedure, I could
                                find "jion cells, but with 8,000 lines it was tedious. I manually worked
                                around iy by doing double replacements on the columns I wanted to keep
                                then replacing back to delimiters when I had done the replacement.

                              • Wright, John - Textron Financial
                                Message 15 of 16 , Mar 3, 2006
                                  Thanks anyhow.

                                  Message 16 of 16 , Mar 3, 2006
                                    --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jeffery Scism <scismgenie@...> wrote:
                                    <snip>
                                    > Yes I have EXcel, Microsoft Works suite and Open Office, I searched
                                    > the help files and could not find a combine columns procedure, I
                                    could
                                    > find "jion cells, but with 8,000 lines it was tedious. I manually
                                    worked
                                    > around iy by doing double replacements on the columns I wanted to
                                    keep
                                    > then replacing back to delimiters when I had done the replacement.

                                    There's no procedure per se, but this formula:

                                    =CONCATENATE(A1,",",B1)

                                    when combined with an export to tab-delimited file might have been the
                                    most straightforward.