Re: [Clip] MultiLine Title, Label, Field Caption

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 18, 2006
      Hi loro and jacobhu,

      >>^!Info ^%Msg%
      >>
      >>^!SetWizardLabel ^%Msg%
      >>^?{This is a test for MultiLine Label}
      >>
      >>1) I try to use with Info. It is OK
      >>2) but I like it align left
      >
      >You have to use the [L] option. The default is for some peculiar
      >reason to display the text centered.
      >^!Info [L]Blah blah

      I've often wandered why Eric made the default centered or if it
      came that way. <g> Left aligned it my preferred also and I
      imagine the majority. If I only have a one line info box, then I
      prefer centered, but if other people are using the Clip and their
      default font size is huge it may be 3 lines. <g>

      >> 3) WizardLebel not work as I wish. It seems a String not a
      >> Variable to CLIP
      >
      >You're out of luck there. Can't do multi-line labels.

      You can use ^!Prompt or at least ^!Continue with the preset token
      ^%nl% for new line if you can get away with it.

      http://www.sojourner.us/software
    • Alan
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 18, 2006
        On Saturday 18 February 2006 03:38, Jody wrote:
        > Hi loro and jacobhu,
        >
        > >>^!Info ^%Msg%
        > >>
        > >>^!SetWizardLabel ^%Msg%
        > >>^?{This is a test for MultiLine Label}
        > >>
        > >>1) I try to use with Info. It is OK
        > >>2) but I like it align left
        > >
        > >You have to use the [L] option. The default is for some peculiar
        > >reason to display the text centered.
        > >^!Info [L]Blah blah
        >
        > I've often wandered why Eric made the default centered or if it
        > came that way. <g> Left aligned it my preferred also and I
        > imagine the majority. If I only have a one line info box, then I
        > prefer centered, but if other people are using the Clip and their
        > default font size is huge it may be 3 lines. <g>
        >
        > >> 3) WizardLebel not work as I wish. It seems a String not a
        > >> Variable to CLIP
        > >
        > >You're out of luck there. Can't do multi-line labels.
        >
        > You can use ^!Prompt or at least ^!Continue with the preset token
        > ^%nl% for new line if you can get away with it.

        (not exactly what the OP wanted but perhaps it's a workable solution) -> As an
        wizard option, there's a message input box, is it M for message (a box
        designed for user input).

        So, could set it the message box with a default message and I think also multi
        line message and put it the message box as the top field of a multi field
        wizard.

        Pls forgive me if someone already mentioned this.

        --
        Alan.