Re: [Clip] Assigning a color to certain tabs?

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 10, 2006
      Sandy Rozhon wrote:
      > I have a tendency to have a lot of files open at one time, so a lot
      > of tabs to look through to find the one or another that I need to
      > edit. Is there a way to assign a color to all the tabs when the
      > files are located in a specific folder? Say I have 5 files in actual
      > production so they are in folder "A", but 3 files are in the
      > development stage so are in a subfolder to "A". I'd like to be able
      > to spot those 3 files amongst the many others.
      >
      > Also, if the above is not possible, how about sorting the tabs? Can
      > that be done?
      >
      > Sandy

      Sandy,

      I'm reasonably sure you won't be able to use colors, but, if you can add
      clips to a clipbook I might be able to help you out.

      I have 2 clips, written by Jody, with some slight mod by me. Was so
      long ago I've forgotten. One clip sorts open docs by filename, the
      other sorts by foldername. I'll paste both below.

      Hopefully they won't get mangled to badly by email and you can get them
      working with little trouble. Here goes.

      <>··········Separator··········<>
      H="Sort Opendocs @ \Pathname\Filename"
      ;_hrs_Updated~Created_1/27/02_9:33:25a_hsavage@...
      ; returns to cursor position in focused doc
      ; Sorts by pathname\filename. always puts pasteboard(if open) in tab 1
      ; Last update on 03-08-2000, Sojourner@..., jody
      ; Requires NoteTab version 4.6a
      ; http://www.sureword.com/notetab
      ^!SetHintInfo Reopening files...
      ^!ClearVariables
      ^!SetScreenUpdate 0
      ^!Set %returnto%=^$GetDocName$; %row%=^$GetRow$; %col%=^$GetCol$
      ^!Save All
      ^!Set %index%=0
      ^!Document FIRST
      ^!SetDebug 0
      :LOOP
      ^!Inc %index%
      ^!If ^%index% > ^$GetDocCount$ CLOSEALL
      ^!IfFalse ^$IsPasteBoard$ SKIP_1
      ^!Set %pasteboard%=^$GetDocName$
      ^!Set %FileName%=^$GetDocName$
      ^!Append %Files%=^%FileName%^%nl%
      ^!Document NEXT
      ^!Goto LOOP
      :CLOSEALL
      ^!Close All
      ^!SetListDelimiter ^p
      ^!Set %Files%=^$StrSort(^%Files%;0;1;0)$
      ^!SetArray %ReOpen%=^%Files%
      ^!Set %Count%=^%ReOpen0%
      ^!Set %Index%=0
      ^!If "^%pasteboard%" = "" SKIP_3
      ^!Open ^%pasteboard%
      ^!Toolbar Paste Board
      :REOPEN
      ^!Inc %Index%
      ^!If ^%Index% = ^%Count% End
      ^!Open ^%ReOpen^%Index%%
      ^!Goto ReOpen
      :END
      ^!Open ^%returnto%
      ^!SetView ^$Calc(^%Row%-15)$:1
      ^!SetCursor ^%Row%:^%Col%
      <>··········Separator··········<>

      <>··········Separator··········<>
      H="Sort Opendocs @ \Filename"
      ;_hrs_Updated~Created_1/27/02_9:33:34a_hsavage@...
      ; returns to cursor position in focused doc
      ; Sorts by \filename. always puts pasteboard(if open) in tab 1
      ; Last update on 03-08-2000, Sojourner@..., jody
      ; Requires NoteTab version 4.6a
      ; http://www.sureword.com/notetab
      ^!SetHintInfo Reopening files...
      ^!ClearVariables
      ^!SetScreenUpdate 0
      ^!Set %returnto%=^$GetDocName$; %row%=^$GetRow$; %col%=^$GetCol$
      ^!Save All
      ^!Set %index%=0
      ^!Document FIRST
      ^!SetDebug 0
      :LOOP
      ^!Inc %index%
      ^!If ^%index% > ^$GetDocCount$ CloseAll
      ^!IfFalse ^$IsPasteBoard$ SKIP_1
      ^!Set %pasteboard%=^$GetDocName$
      ^!Set %FileName%=^$GetFileName(^##)$|^$GetDocName$
      ^!Append %Files%=^%FileName%^%nl%
      ^!Document NEXT
      ^!Goto LOOP
      :CLOSEALL
      ^!Close All
      ^!SetListDelimiter ^p
      ^!Set %Files%=^$StrSort(^%Files%;0;1;0)$
      ^!SetArray %ReOpen%=^%Files%
      ^!Set %Count%=^%ReOpen0%
      ^!Set %Index%=0
      ^!If "^%pasteboard%" = "" SKIP_2
      ^!Open ^%pasteboard%
      ^!Toolbar Paste Board
      :REOPEN
      ^!Inc %Index%
      ^!If ^%Index% = ^%Count% End
      ^!Set %Delete%=^$StrPos(|;^%ReOpen^%Index%%;0)$
      ^!Set %Open%=^$StrDelete(^%ReOpen^%Index%%;1;^%Delete%)$
      ^!Open ^%Open%
      ^!Goto ReOpen
      :END
      ^!Open ^%returnto%
      ^!SetView ^$Calc(^%Row%-15)$:1
      ^!SetCursor ^%Row%:^%Col%

      ºvº
      06.02.10
      "Cooking I; Bringing Back Bacon, Eggs and Butter."
      hrs ø hsavage@...