Outlines - Text to outlines

  • Lee Underwood
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 7 12:37 PM
      I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I have Jody's clip for
      working with outlines. I have a directory of files and want them to
      be listed separately in the outline, with the contents of each
      document readable when I click on its heading. I used the one by Jody
      ("Files To Outline...") It created an outline with a directory
      listing of each file as the headers (would like something different)
      but, when I click on them, nothing happens. I'm lost. Any suggestions?

      Lee

    • Lee Underwood

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 10 9:55 AM
          Lee Underwood wrote:
          > [Resending as I did not previously receive any responses.]
          >
          > I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I have Jody's clip for
          > working with outlines. I have a directory of files and want them to
          > be listed separately in the outline, with the contents of each
          > document readable when I click on its heading. I used the one by Jody
          > ("Files To Outline...") It created an outline with a directory
          > listing of each file as the headers (would like something different)
          > but, when I click on them, nothing happens. I'm lost. Any suggestions?
          >
          > Lee

          Lee,

          Sorry I didn't look at this sooner, I was waiting for someone more
          familiar with Outlines to jump in, I seldom use them.

          What is the result you're getting when you run the clip on a folder, I
          found 2, same header date 04-04-2000, but slightly different 'Files to
          Outline' clips.

          The clip in the 'Dirstuff' clipbook carried the conversion thru to to an
          outline file with a clickable links window on the left.

          The clip in the 'Outline' clipbook carried the conversion thru to the
          next to last step, all that remained to do was to reload the .otl file
          then it appeared as a normal .otl file with a clickable links window on
          the left.

          ºvº
          06.02.10
          "Cooking I; Bringing Back Bacon, Eggs and Butter."
          hrs ø hsavage@...
        • Lee Underwood
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 10 10:28 AM
            I have reloaded it but to no avail. It lists the
            files (including the entire directory path) but

            On 2/10/2006 12:55 PM, hsavage wrote:

            >Lee,
            >
            >Sorry I didn't look at this sooner, I was waiting for someone more
            >familiar with Outlines to jump in, I seldom use them.
            >
            >What is the result you're getting when you run the clip on a folder, I
            >found 2, same header date 04-04-2000, but slightly different 'Files to
            >Outline' clips.
            >
            >The clip in the 'Dirstuff' clipbook carried the conversion thru to to an
            >outline file with a clickable links window on the left.
            >
            >The clip in the 'Outline' clipbook carried the conversion thru to the
            >next to last step, all that remained to do was to reload the .otl file
            >then it appeared as a normal .otl file with a clickable links window on
            >the left.
            >
            > ºvº
            > 06.02.10
            > "Cooking I; Bringing Back Bacon, Eggs and Butter."
            > hrs ø hsavage@...

            >Yahoo! Groups Links
            >

            >--
          • hsavage
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 10 12:07 PM
              Lee Underwood wrote:
              > I have reloaded it but to no avail. It lists the
              > files (including the entire directory path) but
              > when I click on them, nothing happens.
              >
              > Lee

              When I run either clip I end up with an Outline w/links which are formed
              by the individual filenames only. There are no paths visible that I see.

              These are the clip info headers, does yours match? If not, you may have
              yet another version of someones 'Files to Outlines' clip.

              This is from the 'Dirstuff' clipbook

              H="Files To Outline..."
              ; Last update on 04-04-2000, Support@..., jody
              ; Requires NoteTab version 4.8 or above
              ; http://www.notetab.net

              This is from an 'Outlines' clipbook

              H="Files To Outline..."
              ; Last update on 04-04-2000, Sojourner@..., jody
              ; Requires NoteTab version 4.8 or above
              ; http://www.sureword.com/notetab

              Both work for me.

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 10 12:35 PM
                Thanks! That one worked. I appreciate it. I don't know what happened
                but, it works using the Dirstuff clips.

                BTW, <http://www.sureword.com> is now a "search page".

                Lee

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 10 1:05 PM
                  Hi Lee,

                  >Thanks! That one worked. I appreciate it. I don't know what happened
                  >but, it works using the Dirstuff clips.
                  >
                  >BTW, <http://www.sureword.com> is now a "search page".

                  Thanks! I need to update that. The domain is no longer mine. When
                  I get the time I'll see if there is any difference between the
                  two Clips. My guess it that they are the same and you may not
                  have been holding your mouth right on the one that didn't work. :-)

                  bcnu,
                  jody

                  I can only please one person a day.
                  Today is obviously not your day.
                  Tomorrow doesn't look good either. 8D
                  http://www.clean-funnies.com
                  http://www.fookes.com/regnow.html?2448 ;)
                  http://www.sojourner.us/software
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 10 1:58 PM
                    Hi Lee,

                    >> Thanks! That one worked. I appreciate it. I don't know what
                    >> happened but, it works using the Dirstuff clips.

                    When I looked at the Clips and comparing them, I noticed that the
                    one that did not work had some lines ;commented out. Looking at
                    it closer and running it, it appears I was in the process of
                    making the heading the full path to the filename, but never
                    completed it. So, I commented those lines out making it look like
                    the other, tested, zipped it up, and uploaded.

                    Outline Library: Tools for making/editing Outlines and stuff...
                    http://www.notetab.net/zip/outline.zip

                    http://www.sojourner.us/software