Fwd: Re: [NTB] How to do this in a clip

  • Stefan Elssner
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2006
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Stefan Elssner" <elssner@...> wrote:

      Hi Brandon,

      > If there's any simpler of a method, please point it out if possible;
      but this is the best I could find. :)

      If you not _insist_ on doing it with a clip, here is a simpler method:

      1. Write your comment as you like, dont care about the asteriks or
      anything

      2. Select the comment lines you wrote

      3. Use menu: Modify/Lines/Reformat Lines (shift+ctrl+m) and give 76
      for the text width (0 for the left margin)

      4. (Your reformatted lines should still be selected, else reselect
      them) Use menu: Search/Replace (ctrl+r), check Regular Expression, put
      a single '^' in the upper (reg. exp) box, and ' * ' in the lower
      (replace with) box, and go Replace all.

      5. You should have a proper long description part now...

      If you like you could still do the rest of the class comment from a
      script first, just let it put the cursor on the place where you want
      to start your long desc via ^& placeholder. Then type from there.

      Stefan
      --
      elssner@...

      --- End forwarded message ---