Re: [Clip] garbled URL or MSIE ftp

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 3, 2006
      Hi Phillip Sand Hansel II,

      >Firstly, thanks Jody and all for the fine examples interfacing
      >NoteTab and WSFTP. I was trying to mimic those concepts, but
      >running into difficulties with spaces in the directory path on
      >the ftp site. I think WSFTP didn't like them when given in the
      >line command interface (but I may be wrong).
      >
      >;^!SetDebug On
      >; Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II 2/2/06 with much thanks to Jody Adair.
      >^!URL ftp://ftp.a2d.com/a2dno_link/To%20Be%20Indexed/Domestic%20Data/

      I wasn't really following this or many at all - been real busy! I
      saw the thanks in there to me I looked at it a bit closer. Yes,
      Ws_Ftp does require some tricky/difficult tags. The %20, I'm sure
      is the correct was if you want to stick to code which I learned
      the long/wrong way around. <bg> However, I think in Ws_FtpLE or
      _FtpPro that ^$GetShort(^##)$ works just fine, at least where Ws_Ftp
      requires it. It is not the actual code that is used on the net or
      in the HTML file, so no adherence to the web-specs is required.

      Look at my Clips that you are probably referencing to and see how I
      used it. If anything, it should help get the correct code more than
      break it. <g>

      http://www.sojourner.us/software
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 3, 2006
        Hi Phillip Sand Hansel II,

        >Firstly, thanks Jody and all for the fine examples interfacing
        >NoteTab and WSFTP. I was trying to mimic those concepts, but
        >running into difficulties with spaces in the directory path on
        >the ftp site. I think WSFTP didn't like them when given in the
        >line command interface (but I may be wrong).
        >
        >;^!SetDebug On
        >; Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II 2/2/06 with much thanks to Jody Adair.
        >^!URL ftp://ftp.a2d.com/a2dno_link/To%20Be%20Indexed/Domestic%20Data/

        I wasn't really following this or many at all - been real busy! I
        saw the thanks in there to me I looked at it a bit closer. Yes,
        Ws_Ftp does require some tricky/difficult tags. The %20, I'm sure
        is the correct was if you want to stick to code which I learned
        the long/wrong way around. <bg> However, I think in Ws_FtpLE or
        _FtpPro that ^$GetShort(^##)$ works just fine, at least where Ws_Ftp
        requires it. It is not the actual code that is used on the net or
        in the HTML file, so no adherence to the web-specs is required.

        Look at my Clips that you are probably referencing to and see how I
        used it. If anything, it should help get the correct code more than
        break it. <g>

        http://www.sojourner.us/software
      • dave
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 4, 2006
          Hi
          just curious is your satellite dish download fast , upload slow or download
          fast and upload via landline.
          have you tried wsftp gui method it just drag and drop ,to lists side by side
          .
          THANKYOU DAVE M

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 9, 2006
            Download faster than upload, both slow, no landline. Maybe 90kbps, just
            better than a phone line.

            Yes on the wsftp gui, but it is easier to simply use Windows to do that same
            thing (drag & drop ftp). That was one of my unanswered questions, how to
            select a file (not just the name) for pasting to the ftp site via windows.
            CTRL+C in explorer will select it and CTRL+V will paste it into the ftp
            site, but I can not figure out how to get NoteTab to do that. I do not want
            to copy the filename, but rather the file.

            Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II
            http://philliphansel.com