Re: [Clip] garbled URL or MSIE ftp

  • Phillip Sand Hansel II
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 3, 2006
      Yes, that works, thank you very much! Now I have a timing issue (knowing
      when the window is active enough to accept the Edit+Paste), but I think I
      can work that out. (I have a very slow satellite dish connection).

      I am going to use it to upload a zipped version of the file I just edited in
      notetab; it's gonna save me a lot of clicks.

      In the end, it is a real powerful 3 or 4 lines of code using the features
      built in to XP ;-)

      Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II
      http://philliphansel.com

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 3, 2006
        Hi Phillip Sand Hansel II,

        >Firstly, thanks Jody and all for the fine examples interfacing
        >NoteTab and WSFTP. I was trying to mimic those concepts, but
        >running into difficulties with spaces in the directory path on
        >the ftp site. I think WSFTP didn't like them when given in the
        >line command interface (but I may be wrong).
        >
        >;^!SetDebug On
        >; Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II 2/2/06 with much thanks to Jody Adair.
        >^!URL ftp://ftp.a2d.com/a2dno_link/To%20Be%20Indexed/Domestic%20Data/

        I wasn't really following this or many at all - been real busy! I
        saw the thanks in there to me I looked at it a bit closer. Yes,
        Ws_Ftp does require some tricky/difficult tags. The %20, I'm sure
        is the correct was if you want to stick to code which I learned
        the long/wrong way around. <bg> However, I think in Ws_FtpLE or
        _FtpPro that ^$GetShort(^##)$ works just fine, at least where Ws_Ftp
        requires it. It is not the actual code that is used on the net or
        in the HTML file, so no adherence to the web-specs is required.

        Look at my Clips that you are probably referencing to and see how I
        used it. If anything, it should help get the correct code more than
        break it. <g>

        http://www.sojourner.us/software
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 3, 2006
          Hi Phillip Sand Hansel II,

          >Firstly, thanks Jody and all for the fine examples interfacing
          >NoteTab and WSFTP. I was trying to mimic those concepts, but
          >running into difficulties with spaces in the directory path on
          >the ftp site. I think WSFTP didn't like them when given in the
          >line command interface (but I may be wrong).
          >
          >;^!SetDebug On
          >; Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II 2/2/06 with much thanks to Jody Adair.
          >^!URL ftp://ftp.a2d.com/a2dno_link/To%20Be%20Indexed/Domestic%20Data/

          I wasn't really following this or many at all - been real busy! I
          saw the thanks in there to me I looked at it a bit closer. Yes,
          Ws_Ftp does require some tricky/difficult tags. The %20, I'm sure
          is the correct was if you want to stick to code which I learned
          the long/wrong way around. <bg> However, I think in Ws_FtpLE or
          _FtpPro that ^$GetShort(^##)$ works just fine, at least where Ws_Ftp
          requires it. It is not the actual code that is used on the net or
          in the HTML file, so no adherence to the web-specs is required.

          Look at my Clips that you are probably referencing to and see how I
          used it. If anything, it should help get the correct code more than
          break it. <g>

          http://www.sojourner.us/software
        • dave
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 4, 2006
            Hi
            just curious is your satellite dish download fast , upload slow or download
            fast and upload via landline.
            have you tried wsftp gui method it just drag and drop ,to lists side by side
            .
            THANKYOU DAVE M

            > Yes, that works, thank you very much! Now I have a timing issue (knowing
            > when the window is active enough to accept the Edit+Paste), but I think I
            > can work that out. (I have a very slow satellite dish connection).
            >
            > I am going to use it to upload a zipped version of the file I just edited
            > in
            > notetab; it's gonna save me a lot of clicks.
            >
            > In the end, it is a real powerful 3 or 4 lines of code using the features
            > built in to XP ;-)
            >
            > Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II
            > http://philliphansel.com

          • Phillip Sand Hansel II
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 9, 2006
              Download faster than upload, both slow, no landline. Maybe 90kbps, just
              better than a phone line.

              Yes on the wsftp gui, but it is easier to simply use Windows to do that same
              thing (drag & drop ftp). That was one of my unanswered questions, how to
              select a file (not just the name) for pasting to the ftp site via windows.
              CTRL+C in explorer will select it and CTRL+V will paste it into the ftp
              site, but I can not figure out how to get NoteTab to do that. I do not want
              to copy the filename, but rather the file.

              Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II
              http://philliphansel.com