Re: [Clip] garbled URL or MSIE ftp

  • Phillip Sand Hansel II
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 3, 2006
      Yes sir. That is what I started with, but it makes an even bigger mess.
      Tries to open the browser to this malformed URL...

      http://%20%22ftp//ftp.a2d.com/a2dno_link/To%20Be%20Indexed/Domestic%20Data/"

      When I cut and paste in windows, I don't have to put quotes around a long
      URL, so that's why I decided to remove them.

      It may be that ftp is so special to MSIE (to fetch login/pwd) that it is
      handled differently in some subtle way.

      Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II
      http://philliphansel.com

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 3, 2006
        Yes, that works, thank you very much! Now I have a timing issue (knowing
        when the window is active enough to accept the Edit+Paste), but I think I
        can work that out. (I have a very slow satellite dish connection).

        I am going to use it to upload a zipped version of the file I just edited in
        notetab; it's gonna save me a lot of clicks.

        In the end, it is a real powerful 3 or 4 lines of code using the features
        built in to XP ;-)

        Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II
        http://philliphansel.com

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 3, 2006
          Hi Phillip Sand Hansel II,

          >Firstly, thanks Jody and all for the fine examples interfacing
          >NoteTab and WSFTP. I was trying to mimic those concepts, but
          >running into difficulties with spaces in the directory path on
          >the ftp site. I think WSFTP didn't like them when given in the
          >line command interface (but I may be wrong).
          >
          >;^!SetDebug On
          >; Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II 2/2/06 with much thanks to Jody Adair.
          >^!URL ftp://ftp.a2d.com/a2dno_link/To%20Be%20Indexed/Domestic%20Data/

          I wasn't really following this or many at all - been real busy! I
          saw the thanks in there to me I looked at it a bit closer. Yes,
          Ws_Ftp does require some tricky/difficult tags. The %20, I'm sure
          is the correct was if you want to stick to code which I learned
          the long/wrong way around. <bg> However, I think in Ws_FtpLE or
          _FtpPro that ^$GetShort(^##)$ works just fine, at least where Ws_Ftp
          requires it. It is not the actual code that is used on the net or
          in the HTML file, so no adherence to the web-specs is required.

          Look at my Clips that you are probably referencing to and see how I
          used it. If anything, it should help get the correct code more than
          break it. <g>

          http://www.sojourner.us/software
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 3, 2006
            Hi Phillip Sand Hansel II,

            >Firstly, thanks Jody and all for the fine examples interfacing
            >NoteTab and WSFTP. I was trying to mimic those concepts, but
            >running into difficulties with spaces in the directory path on
            >the ftp site. I think WSFTP didn't like them when given in the
            >line command interface (but I may be wrong).
            >
            >;^!SetDebug On
            >; Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II 2/2/06 with much thanks to Jody Adair.
            >^!URL ftp://ftp.a2d.com/a2dno_link/To%20Be%20Indexed/Domestic%20Data/

            I wasn't really following this or many at all - been real busy! I
            saw the thanks in there to me I looked at it a bit closer. Yes,
            Ws_Ftp does require some tricky/difficult tags. The %20, I'm sure
            is the correct was if you want to stick to code which I learned
            the long/wrong way around. <bg> However, I think in Ws_FtpLE or
            _FtpPro that ^$GetShort(^##)$ works just fine, at least where Ws_Ftp
            requires it. It is not the actual code that is used on the net or
            in the HTML file, so no adherence to the web-specs is required.

            Look at my Clips that you are probably referencing to and see how I
            used it. If anything, it should help get the correct code more than
            break it. <g>

            http://www.sojourner.us/software
          • dave
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 4, 2006
              Hi
              just curious is your satellite dish download fast , upload slow or download
              fast and upload via landline.
              have you tried wsftp gui method it just drag and drop ,to lists side by side
              .
              THANKYOU DAVE M

              > Yes, that works, thank you very much! Now I have a timing issue (knowing
              > when the window is active enough to accept the Edit+Paste), but I think I
              > can work that out. (I have a very slow satellite dish connection).
              >
              > I am going to use it to upload a zipped version of the file I just edited
              > in
              > notetab; it's gonna save me a lot of clicks.
              >
              > In the end, it is a real powerful 3 or 4 lines of code using the features
              > built in to XP ;-)
              >
              > Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II
              > http://philliphansel.com

            • Phillip Sand Hansel II
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 9, 2006
                Download faster than upload, both slow, no landline. Maybe 90kbps, just
                better than a phone line.

                Yes on the wsftp gui, but it is easier to simply use Windows to do that same
                thing (drag & drop ftp). That was one of my unanswered questions, how to
                select a file (not just the name) for pasting to the ftp site via windows.
                CTRL+C in explorer will select it and CTRL+V will paste it into the ftp
                site, but I can not figure out how to get NoteTab to do that. I do not want
                to copy the filename, but rather the file.

                Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II
                http://philliphansel.com