Re: [Clip] garbled URL or MSIE ftp

  • loro
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 3, 2006
      Hi Phillip,
      >Before running this clip, in explorer I highlight a file and hit CTRL+C.
      >
      >;^!SetDebug On
      >; Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II 2/2/06 with much thanks to Jody Adair.
      >^!URL ftp://ftp.a2d.com/a2dno_link/To%20Be%20Indexed/Domestic%20Data/
      >; give it enough time to load ( WAS 4 OR 4/10th of a second)
      >^!Delay 25
      >;Set delay of approximately 200 milliseconds between each keystroke
      >^!KeyboardDelay 200
      >; MSIE Edit menu, Paste
      >^!Keyboard ALT+E P
      >; ^!Keyboard ALT+E P &400 # ^*.zip#
      >

      >It opens the browser but garbles the URL.
      >http://%20ftp//ftp.a2d.com/a2dno_link/To%20Be%20Indexed/Domestic%20Data/

      It seems like ^!Url only recognizes the http protocol, so it adds it to
      everything. Try ^!Shell instead.

      ^!Shell "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE"
      "ftp://ftp.a2d.com/a2dno_link/To%20Be%20Indexed/Domestic%20Data/"

      Lotta
    • Phillip Sand Hansel II
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 3, 2006
        Yes sir. That is what I started with, but it makes an even bigger mess.
        Tries to open the browser to this malformed URL...

        http://%20%22ftp//ftp.a2d.com/a2dno_link/To%20Be%20Indexed/Domestic%20Data/"

        When I cut and paste in windows, I don't have to put quotes around a long
        URL, so that's why I decided to remove them.

        It may be that ftp is so special to MSIE (to fetch login/pwd) that it is
        handled differently in some subtle way.

        Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II
        http://philliphansel.com

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 3, 2006
          Yes, that works, thank you very much! Now I have a timing issue (knowing
          when the window is active enough to accept the Edit+Paste), but I think I
          can work that out. (I have a very slow satellite dish connection).

          I am going to use it to upload a zipped version of the file I just edited in
          notetab; it's gonna save me a lot of clicks.

          In the end, it is a real powerful 3 or 4 lines of code using the features
          built in to XP ;-)

          Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II
          http://philliphansel.com

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 3, 2006
            Hi Phillip Sand Hansel II,

            >Firstly, thanks Jody and all for the fine examples interfacing
            >NoteTab and WSFTP. I was trying to mimic those concepts, but
            >running into difficulties with spaces in the directory path on
            >the ftp site. I think WSFTP didn't like them when given in the
            >line command interface (but I may be wrong).
            >
            >;^!SetDebug On
            >; Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II 2/2/06 with much thanks to Jody Adair.
            >^!URL ftp://ftp.a2d.com/a2dno_link/To%20Be%20Indexed/Domestic%20Data/

            I wasn't really following this or many at all - been real busy! I
            saw the thanks in there to me I looked at it a bit closer. Yes,
            Ws_Ftp does require some tricky/difficult tags. The %20, I'm sure
            is the correct was if you want to stick to code which I learned
            the long/wrong way around. <bg> However, I think in Ws_FtpLE or
            _FtpPro that ^$GetShort(^##)$ works just fine, at least where Ws_Ftp
            requires it. It is not the actual code that is used on the net or
            in the HTML file, so no adherence to the web-specs is required.

            Look at my Clips that you are probably referencing to and see how I
            used it. If anything, it should help get the correct code more than
            break it. <g>

            http://www.sojourner.us/software
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 3, 2006
              Hi Phillip Sand Hansel II,

              >Firstly, thanks Jody and all for the fine examples interfacing
              >NoteTab and WSFTP. I was trying to mimic those concepts, but
              >running into difficulties with spaces in the directory path on
              >the ftp site. I think WSFTP didn't like them when given in the
              >line command interface (but I may be wrong).
              >
              >;^!SetDebug On
              >; Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II 2/2/06 with much thanks to Jody Adair.
              >^!URL ftp://ftp.a2d.com/a2dno_link/To%20Be%20Indexed/Domestic%20Data/

              I wasn't really following this or many at all - been real busy! I
              saw the thanks in there to me I looked at it a bit closer. Yes,
              Ws_Ftp does require some tricky/difficult tags. The %20, I'm sure
              is the correct was if you want to stick to code which I learned
              the long/wrong way around. <bg> However, I think in Ws_FtpLE or
              _FtpPro that ^$GetShort(^##)$ works just fine, at least where Ws_Ftp
              requires it. It is not the actual code that is used on the net or
              in the HTML file, so no adherence to the web-specs is required.

              Look at my Clips that you are probably referencing to and see how I
              used it. If anything, it should help get the correct code more than
              break it. <g>

              http://www.sojourner.us/software
            • dave
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 4, 2006
                Hi
                just curious is your satellite dish download fast , upload slow or download
                fast and upload via landline.
                have you tried wsftp gui method it just drag and drop ,to lists side by side
                .
                THANKYOU DAVE M

                > Yes, that works, thank you very much! Now I have a timing issue (knowing
                > when the window is active enough to accept the Edit+Paste), but I think I
                > can work that out. (I have a very slow satellite dish connection).
                >
                > I am going to use it to upload a zipped version of the file I just edited
                > in
                > notetab; it's gonna save me a lot of clicks.
                >
                > In the end, it is a real powerful 3 or 4 lines of code using the features
                > built in to XP ;-)
                >
                > Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II
                > http://philliphansel.com

              • Phillip Sand Hansel II
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 9, 2006
                  Download faster than upload, both slow, no landline. Maybe 90kbps, just
                  better than a phone line.

                  Yes on the wsftp gui, but it is easier to simply use Windows to do that same
                  thing (drag & drop ftp). That was one of my unanswered questions, how to
                  select a file (not just the name) for pasting to the ftp site via windows.
                  CTRL+C in explorer will select it and CTRL+V will paste it into the ftp
                  site, but I can not figure out how to get NoteTab to do that. I do not want
                  to copy the filename, but rather the file.

                  Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II
                  http://philliphansel.com