Re: [Clip] garbled URL or MSIE ftp

  • Don - htmlfixit.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 3, 2006
      Did you try quotes around the stuff after URL?
      > ^!URL ftp://ftp.a2d.com/a2dno_link/To%20Be%20Indexed/Domestic%20Data/
    • loro
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 3, 2006
        Hi Phillip,
        >Before running this clip, in explorer I highlight a file and hit CTRL+C.
        >
        >;^!SetDebug On
        >; Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II 2/2/06 with much thanks to Jody Adair.
        >^!URL ftp://ftp.a2d.com/a2dno_link/To%20Be%20Indexed/Domestic%20Data/
        >; give it enough time to load ( WAS 4 OR 4/10th of a second)
        >^!Delay 25
        >;Set delay of approximately 200 milliseconds between each keystroke
        >^!KeyboardDelay 200
        >; MSIE Edit menu, Paste
        >^!Keyboard ALT+E P
        >; ^!Keyboard ALT+E P &400 # ^*.zip#
        >

        >It opens the browser but garbles the URL.
        >http://%20ftp//ftp.a2d.com/a2dno_link/To%20Be%20Indexed/Domestic%20Data/

        It seems like ^!Url only recognizes the http protocol, so it adds it to
        everything. Try ^!Shell instead.

        ^!Shell "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE"
        "ftp://ftp.a2d.com/a2dno_link/To%20Be%20Indexed/Domestic%20Data/"

        Lotta
      • Phillip Sand Hansel II
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 3, 2006
          Yes sir. That is what I started with, but it makes an even bigger mess.
          Tries to open the browser to this malformed URL...

          http://%20%22ftp//ftp.a2d.com/a2dno_link/To%20Be%20Indexed/Domestic%20Data/"

          When I cut and paste in windows, I don't have to put quotes around a long
          URL, so that's why I decided to remove them.

          It may be that ftp is so special to MSIE (to fetch login/pwd) that it is
          handled differently in some subtle way.

          Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II
          http://philliphansel.com

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 3, 2006
            Yes, that works, thank you very much! Now I have a timing issue (knowing
            when the window is active enough to accept the Edit+Paste), but I think I
            can work that out. (I have a very slow satellite dish connection).

            I am going to use it to upload a zipped version of the file I just edited in
            notetab; it's gonna save me a lot of clicks.

            In the end, it is a real powerful 3 or 4 lines of code using the features
            built in to XP ;-)

            Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II
            http://philliphansel.com

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 3, 2006
              Hi Phillip Sand Hansel II,

              >Firstly, thanks Jody and all for the fine examples interfacing
              >NoteTab and WSFTP. I was trying to mimic those concepts, but
              >running into difficulties with spaces in the directory path on
              >the ftp site. I think WSFTP didn't like them when given in the
              >line command interface (but I may be wrong).
              >
              >;^!SetDebug On
              >; Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II 2/2/06 with much thanks to Jody Adair.
              >^!URL ftp://ftp.a2d.com/a2dno_link/To%20Be%20Indexed/Domestic%20Data/

              I wasn't really following this or many at all - been real busy! I
              saw the thanks in there to me I looked at it a bit closer. Yes,
              Ws_Ftp does require some tricky/difficult tags. The %20, I'm sure
              is the correct was if you want to stick to code which I learned
              the long/wrong way around. <bg> However, I think in Ws_FtpLE or
              _FtpPro that ^$GetShort(^##)$ works just fine, at least where Ws_Ftp
              requires it. It is not the actual code that is used on the net or
              in the HTML file, so no adherence to the web-specs is required.

              Look at my Clips that you are probably referencing to and see how I
              used it. If anything, it should help get the correct code more than
              break it. <g>

              http://www.sojourner.us/software
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 3, 2006
                Hi Phillip Sand Hansel II,

                >Firstly, thanks Jody and all for the fine examples interfacing
                >NoteTab and WSFTP. I was trying to mimic those concepts, but
                >running into difficulties with spaces in the directory path on
                >the ftp site. I think WSFTP didn't like them when given in the
                >line command interface (but I may be wrong).
                >
                >;^!SetDebug On
                >; Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II 2/2/06 with much thanks to Jody Adair.
                >^!URL ftp://ftp.a2d.com/a2dno_link/To%20Be%20Indexed/Domestic%20Data/

                I wasn't really following this or many at all - been real busy! I
                saw the thanks in there to me I looked at it a bit closer. Yes,
                Ws_Ftp does require some tricky/difficult tags. The %20, I'm sure
                is the correct was if you want to stick to code which I learned
                the long/wrong way around. <bg> However, I think in Ws_FtpLE or
                _FtpPro that ^$GetShort(^##)$ works just fine, at least where Ws_Ftp
                requires it. It is not the actual code that is used on the net or
                in the HTML file, so no adherence to the web-specs is required.

                Look at my Clips that you are probably referencing to and see how I
                used it. If anything, it should help get the correct code more than
                break it. <g>

                http://www.sojourner.us/software
              • dave
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 4, 2006
                  Hi
                  just curious is your satellite dish download fast , upload slow or download
                  fast and upload via landline.
                  have you tried wsftp gui method it just drag and drop ,to lists side by side
                  .
                  THANKYOU DAVE M

                  > Yes, that works, thank you very much! Now I have a timing issue (knowing
                  > when the window is active enough to accept the Edit+Paste), but I think I
                  > can work that out. (I have a very slow satellite dish connection).
                  >
                  > I am going to use it to upload a zipped version of the file I just edited
                  > in
                  > notetab; it's gonna save me a lot of clicks.
                  >
                  > In the end, it is a real powerful 3 or 4 lines of code using the features
                  > built in to XP ;-)
                  >
                  > Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II
                  > http://philliphansel.com

                • Phillip Sand Hansel II
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 9, 2006
                    Download faster than upload, both slow, no landline. Maybe 90kbps, just
                    better than a phone line.

                    Yes on the wsftp gui, but it is easier to simply use Windows to do that same
                    thing (drag & drop ftp). That was one of my unanswered questions, how to
                    select a file (not just the name) for pasting to the ftp site via windows.
                    CTRL+C in explorer will select it and CTRL+V will paste it into the ftp
                    site, but I can not figure out how to get NoteTab to do that. I do not want
                    to copy the filename, but rather the file.

                    Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II
                    http://philliphansel.com