Re: [Clip] More on Using .INI Files

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2 4:27 PM
      Ed wrote:
      > hsavage helped me with a clip that worked for a long time. The hard
      drive was replaced. I Backed up Note Tab Pro but now there are only
      three clips there. Two never worked and I am sure the other one did. I
      am using XP Pro with 1 g of memory. I had to start NoteTab each morning
      in order for the signature to be changed. Nothing works now. Any ideas?

      > This is one:
      > ^!CopyFile "C:\Documents and Settings\'Edward Brown'\My
      Documents\signature.txt"

      There should be more to this line, the folder and file shown represent
      the source, the destination folder is missing.

      > The other which did not work:
      > ^!Set %newsig%=^$GetShellFolder(Personal)$signature^[dd^].txt
      > ^!Set %oldsig%=^$GetShellFolder(Personal)$signature.txt
      > ^!CopyFile "^%newsig%" "^%oldsig%"

      These 2 bits, or clips, are essentially the same, probably 2 attempts
      trying to accomplish the same task.

      > I found a third and this is it.
      > ^!SetDebug 0
      > ^!Set %newsig%="^$GetShellFolder(Personal)$signature^[dd^].txt"
      > ^!Set %oldsig%="^$GetShellFolder(Personal)$signature.txt"
      > ^!CopyFile "^%newsig%" "^%signature.txt%"
      >
      > Thanks
      > Ed

      Ed,

      If you recall, you should have had 32 signature files, 1 for each day of
      a 31 day month. The bulk of files were numbered as, signature01.txt
      thru signature31.txt. The 32nd file was signature.txt.

      The clip bits above were designed to copy a fresh quotation, numbered
      file, based on th day date, for each day to the file, signature.txt,
      giving you a fresh quote file each day of the month.

      Your browser was setup to always look at and use signature.txt as the
      sigline, wherever that file was located.

      If you can locate the numbered files, zip and send them to me I'll get
      it up and running for you again, from your comments above I'm assuming
      it did work at one time.

      Or, you could send fresh quotes, this clip and siglines has evolved into
      something quite a bit different now. I use 1 master quote file to store
      all the quotes in.

      ºvº
      06.02.02
      "And your crybaby whiny-a--ed opinion would be...?"
      hrs ø hsavage@...