ftp via msie or garbled ftp URL

  • Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2 2:43 PM
      Firstly, thanks Jody and all for the fine examples interfacing
      NoteTab and WSFTP. I was trying to mimic those concepts, but running
      into difficulties with spaces in the directory path on the ftp site.
      I think WSFTP didn't like them when given in the line command
      interface (but I may be wrong).

      For a minute I thought of invoking FTP as DOS line commands, but
      decided including an unencoded password in such a routine probably
      wasn't a good thing.

      Then I thought... why not just use MSIE and cut and paste? Normally
      I drag and drop files from my machine to the browser opened to the
      ftp URL. I tried cut & paste from one to the other and it worked
      fine. The browser knows the login and pwd (it is a secure site) so
      the pwd encryption is handled by MSIE.

      OK, so I tried it in NoteTab.

      Before running this clip, in explorer I highlight a file and hit
      CTRL+C.

      ;^!SetDebug On
      ; Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II 2/2/06 with much thanks to Jody Adair.
      ^!URL ftp://ftp.a2d.com/a2dno_link/To%20Be%20Indexed/Domestic%
      20Data/
      ; give it enough time to load ( WAS 4 OR 4/10th of a second)
      ^!Delay 25
      ;Set delay of approximately 200 milliseconds between each keystroke
      ^!KeyboardDelay 200
      ; MSIE Edit menu, Paste
      ^!Keyboard ALT+E P
      ; ^!Keyboard ALT+E P &400 # ^*.zip#

      It opens the browser but garbles the URL.
      http://%20ftp//ftp.a2d.com/a2dno_link/To%20Be%20Indexed/Domestic%
      20Data/

      Got any guesses as to why it wants to do that? I feel like I am real
      close to having a workable solution, but it is giving me unexpected
      results.

      Also, know of any way to specify that you want a new browser
      instance and not changing the contents of a currently opened browser
      window? Is there a TARGET=NEW type parameter for ^!URL?

      What I am working on is being able to edit a file, add comments, zip
      it, and ftp it with as few clicks as possible. I've got 2/3rds of it
      working :-)

      Thanks in advance,

      Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II

      (I posted for the web so watch the text wrap if you cut and paste
      the example)