Re: [Clip] Encrypting Entire Subfolders

    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 1, 2006
      Hi Harv and Ray,

      >It appears Jody is familiar with WinRar. The command line he supplied
      >looks like it should work to add files to an archive, recurse
      >directories, and supply the password

      I own a license to use, but do not use it. I just got the
      commandline from Ray's message. If not mentioned, you could use
      NoteTab commands/functions to encrypt the un/pw. :)

      Happy Tab'n,
      Jody Adair

      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 1, 2006
        Hi Ray,

        >This thing runs lightening fast. ...and, to my amazement, it worked!
        >Apparently, ^! inserts what follows into the DOS box and runs it. I may never
        >write another Batch file again!
        >
        >I will want to use this for lots of other jobs in future. Where in Clip Help
        >can I read about ^! ? I see dozens of commands that begin with ^!, but I
        >don't see a listing for ^! alone.
        >
        >NoteTab is amazing!

        ;)

        Look in the regular Help | Reference | Tools | Editor Clipbook |
        Clip Basics. It does not actually explain ^!, but you can get a
        closer look for ideas to use ^!.

        Also click on Help | Help on Clipbook Programming and read "Clip
        Language - Introduction"

        Also, search for "^!" without the quotes in my Clipbook
        Programming Tutorial:

        The following is a download for a Clipbook programming tutorial
        designed to walk you through Clip writing. It includes "Getting
        Started" (which is a web page with a number of images displaying
        different parts of NoteTab that deals with Clipbooks), making a
        Clipbook Library, adding Clips, and editing Clips, on to more
        difficult Clip writing. Be sure to read the Introduction also.
        Open ClipTut.clb and then click on the ClipTut.otl Outline Clip
        to open the Outline.

        All the contents of the zip files go in NoteTab's Libraries
        folder. http://www.notetab.net/zip/cliptut.zip

        Useful links...

        http://www.notetab.net http://www.notetab.net/html/cd-info.htm
        http://www.fookes.us

        http://www.notetab.net/faq/ntb
        You might find some of the following links useful...

        + Various Documents and Jody's NoteTab Site
        + Clipbook/Clip Tutorial, Write Your Own Clips!
        + Online FAQ and Download in Outline Format
        + Aid4Mail
        + Discussion Mailing Lists

        Extra Help for NoteTab's Clipbar (and basic Clip editing)
        http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.htm

        The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
        Clipbook Repository: http://www.notetab.com/libraries.php

        NoteTab's Comparison Chart
        http://www.notetab.net/html/chart.htm

        Clipbook Clip Writing Tutorial by Jody Adair
        http://www.notetab.net/html/cliptut.htm <-- Coming in the future...
        http://www.notetab.net/zip/cliptut.zip <-- Available now!
        (Unzip/extract to NoteTab's Libraries folder.)

        From the NoteTab Fookes Software Support Desk by Jody Adair
        http://www.notetab.net/faq/ntb <-- Online Now!!!...
        http://www.notetab.net/faq/ntb/faq-ntb.otl.zip <-- Outline format...
        From the Fookes Software Support Desk (mbg,a4m, etc.) <-- Coming in the future...

        All You Want and do Not Want to Know About the NoteTab Upgrade Procedure :)
        http://www.notetab.net/html/howupdate.htm

        CD-ROM Information
        http://www.notetab.net/html/cd-info.htm

        The NoteTabbers Assistant Page (my personal NoteTab site)
        Get many useful free Clips and Libraries: http://www.notetab.net

        Other software that you may find useful; I use the most of it
        daily. They are at my affiliates site:

        Sojourner's Five Wink Software: http://www.sojourner.us/software

        A lot of it integrates directly and seamlessly in NoteTab like
        the most excellent thesaurus WordWeb! (freeware and shareware
        versions - it replaces NoteTab's so that when you press F11 it
        brings up the word that the cursor is on. It is a must download!)

        Other software that integrates with NoteTab is CSE HTML
        Validator, a must have for web page authors, and TopStyle, a CSS
        editor; freeware and shareware versions available too! Both work
        off NoteTab's Tools menu and customizable shortcuts can be made
        for them. When CSE HTML Validator is used a Clipbook Library is
        created that has the Clips for the errors, warnings, messages,
        and when you click on one it brings you right to the line with
        the problem. There's a number of other excellent software
        programs listed there as well. Thanks for taking the time to
        visit it:

        Sojourner'$ Five Wink $oftware: http://www.sojourner.us/software ;)

        Convert and Archive your eMail - over 20 email formats supported!
        http://www.fookes.us/aid4mail (Jody'$ Affiliate $ite, Tutorial's Coming!)

        Fookes Software Products Page
        http://www.fookes.us (Jody'$ Affiliate $ite) thanks much!!! :)

        You might want to check out the CD contents and other
        useful information below.

        PayPal Pay Now!
        When buying from...
        a checking account, please send to: Sales@...
        https://www.paypal.com/affil/pal=sales@...

        a credit card, or outside USA send to: Jody@...
        https://www.paypal.com/affil/pal=jody@...

        CD-ROMs Loaded With MB and Are Very Useful
        ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
        The CD-ROMs for our products have lots of extras on them
        including: very useful freeware and shareware, extra HTML help
        for beginners, an excellent Clip writing tutorial, other short
        tutorials, third party products that work seamlessly with
        NoteTab... You can get more than one registered program on the
        same CD at no extra charge, even if you already registered the
        products; see "cd-info.htm" and "onthiscd.htm" below for details
        and the contents of the CDs.

        Ordering Information: Price, CD build type...
        http://www.notetab.net/html/cd-info.htm
        Programs, Utilities, Helps, Clip Tutorial...
        http://www.notetab.net/html/onthiscd.htm
        Third Party Products: Freeware and Shareware...
        http://www.notetab.net/html/tpp-readthis.htm
        Order Fookes Software through me (on/off CD)...
        http://www.fookes.com/regnow.html?2448

        PayPal
        http://www.notetab.net/html/paypal-fs.htm

        Fast, Courteous, Very Useful Discussion Mailing Lists
        http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

        The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
        ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
        The site (http://www.notetab.net) is one of my personal web
        sites. You can get a lot of useful Libraries and some great Clips
        there on a page named Snatch-A-Clip.

        http://www.notetab.net/html/snatchclp.htm
        http://www.notetab.net/html/html/library.htm

        http://www.sojourner.us/software
        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 1, 2006
          Hi Ray and All,

          ><<The ^! preceding the Winrar command is the old way of doing the ^!Shell
          >command.>>
          >
          >What's the advantage of ^!shell over ^! ? I read the Help entries, and they
          >seem identical.

          Oops, I forget that a lot. Came up in the old school! :) ^!Shell
          is suppose to be better to use according to Eric. Something to
          the effect that it is more reliable than just "^!" without the
          quotes, but I have never had a problem leaving the "Shell" out
          myself and only use is sometimes for a public Clip when I
          remember. The correct method is ^!Shell though. <g>

          http://www.sojourner.us/software