Re: [Clip] Problem with retrieved Clip; Reposted: [Clip] Copying in a clip

  • Jeff Scism
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 26, 2006
      Hi don,

      this was the Color coding cells in a Tab delimited atble converted to
      HTML Table clip from a couple of months ago, The project was to make a
      HTML table that displays DNA markers in different colored cells
      depending on the two number values.

      The Clip was used to create the page tables displayed here:

      http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~scismfam/crowley/dna-project/crowley-results.htm

      I am trying to recreate the Clip, which was lost in a Computer fire.

      It apparently depends on some special functions We worked on it for a
      couple of weeks trying to shorten (loop) the series of replacements
      after the HTML tidy operation was complete, and ended up doing it by
      single line replace commands in series.

      I have gotten it back to running until the point where the search
      DOESN't find one of the parameters, at that point of "did not find" the
      Clip replaces ALL of the work done so far with the "rplace" line from
      the clip and then repeats that for each subsequent did not find occurrance.

      (Trying to figure out a line command that just skips to the next one if
      not found in document without making any changes.)

      I have been looking for an appropriate IF/ELSE command to use in the
      REPLACE command. (If not found, ignore and continue)

      My mind keeps going to
      "^!IfError Then Next"

      But I am unsure how to apply that concept. (or if it a workable approach)

      Jeff

      Don - htmlfixit.com wrote:
      >>I and the person (Don?) who helped me put it all together tried for a
      >>couple of weeks to clean up the replace list but never found a elegant
      >>way to loop the search/replace part where it is now hanging up, Don
      >>inserted the custom function call, I think.
      >>

      > I have been busy lately so only skimming a lot of things. Is this
      > something I worked on? If so, tell me what it is called.

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Jeff Scism
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 26, 2006
        Ok a lot of the problem worked out when I got the HTML Tidy to go, had
        to use ^!Keyboard Ctrl+F7, the other routes are inop.

        So I am up and running.

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 27, 2006
          Hi Jeff,

          >(I had all this backed up on 25 CDrs but the wholestack is 'missing', I
          >think my kids did something 'creative' with them)

          Naughty kids! Haven't you taught them to use the free AOL CDs to throw at
          the cats?!?! :-)

          http://www.sojourner.us/software